FG04 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG04

The guitar fits my music style perfectly. I play a lot of acoustic Emo and rock songs, but sometimes I'll play some classical type songs. I play mostly chords, but when you play notes, you really hear the difference with the rosewood body. I've played a lot of different acoustics before, but the rosewood really stands out sound-wise. The notes sound very rich, full and deep. I love the way this guitar sounds, the sound is perfect.

This guitar suits me perfectly, and I don't think that I'll need another acoustic for a long time. If it was stolen, I would definitely buy the same one again. I love every single thing about this guitar: from its looks to its sound, I love everything about it. My favorite feature though is definitely the sound you get out of it because of the rosewood body. I compared this guitar to about ten other ones in it's price range, and then to some in a price range a few hundred dollars above it, and I still picked this one. So if you're looking for an acoustic, buy this one.

I've played live with this guitar twice, and it hasn't let me down yet. The finish looks like it will definitely last, and won't wear off with lots of playing. The strap button on the body is solid, even though I usually play this guitar sitiing down. I don't bring a backup with me when I use this guitar, because it is very dependable.

The guitar was set up very well when I got it. The strings are high enough so that they don't buzz, but low enough so that you can play bar chords without too much stress. The frets are very smooth and well aligned. The tuning pegs are all tight. And the finish on the guitar looks amazing.

- Made in Taiwan. - 20 frets - Dreadnought - Rosewood back and sides - Abalone sound hole inlay - Rosewood gloss headstock - Cutaway design - Nato neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Cream body and fingerboard binding - Chrome tuners