FG300 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG300

It doesn't really suit my style, considering I'm in a heavy metal band, but it's a good beginner guitar. It has great sound without any effects or anything.

I love this guitar. I've only been playing for about 4 months, but everyone I know has told me that this guitar is perfect. If it were stolen or lost, I would kill the thief, because this guitar is very very rare. You most likely won't find it in any stores. Overall, I love it. If you ever get a chance to play one, you'll know what I mean.

This guitar has been in my family for about 40 years and there are no scratches on it yet. Everything was and still is perfect on this guitar.

The Yamaha F300 is an excellent quality instrument at a truly affordable price. Its dreadnought style body provides loud acoustic tone with comfortable playability. - Spruce top - Indonesian mahogany back and sides - Nato neck - Javanese rosewood fretboard - Sonokeling bridge - 20 frets - Chrome hardware - Natural, tabacco sunburst finishes - Limited lifetime warranty.

richardm80
    wow, you are in a heavy metal band and you bought an acoustic and then relised it doesn't suit your style?? That is the funniest thing i've ever heard.
    tgaume
    If anyone wants to sell one of these and it doesn't suffer from belly bulge let me know. They're great guitars and I collect old Yamaha Red Labels. I have a '68, and '71 FG-150, and a '70 FG180, all are awesome.
    laurabreakstone
    I bought this guitar in 1968 when I couldn't afford a Gibson Dove. I played it for twenty plus years, loved it and it had a horrible accident having to do with kids. Recently I found two of them, both very playable and the sound is even better now. I prefer them to my Vintage Martin and Guild. Wonderful tones, very playable and a true musical treasure.
    jlwindy
    I have one. Daughter is using it to learn how to play. Acquired it used around 1973_1974. Still have original hardshell case. Still my favorite to play. Only use light silver wound Martin strings.