FG331 Review

7.8
 9,758
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
FG331 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 22, 2004

Purchased from: (gift from aunt)

Features: 20 frets (though don't expect to get farther than fret 15 without messing up your hand). I don't know the material. I'm pretty new to guitar playing, though I'm learning very quickly, so I couldn't say much about the features, but. Everyone who's seen this guitar have said that it's their fave out of all acoustics they've seen. Very nice. // 10

Sound: You can play anything on this guitar. I don't have an electric yet so I do play anything on this. From metal (which, of course, sounds weird) to blues to country to hard rock. And the sound is beautiful. I don't know anyone else with a guitar that sounds this nice, honestly. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't say much about how it came from the factory, but the way I got it, it was very nice. My aunt says nothing has been changed on it, too, so. I don't really expect anything to fall off of it though, 'cause, you know. It's basically just a few big pieces slapped together, unlike an electric. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been dropped, it has hit walls, been thrown once. And only goes out of tune after about a week and a half of playing 3 hours a day. Now that's a solid guitar. Even though this thing is older than I am, it looks completely brand new. Good job, Yamaha. // 10

Overall Impression: I love my guitar, and everyone else loves my guitar. Yamaha are great because you're not paying tons of money for a well-known brand but a crappy guitar, you really get exactly what you paid for. If this thing were stolen or lost, then I probably wouldn't get another because, unfortunately, you can't find it anywhere! I lvoe everything about it. Though I'm new, I've tried many, many guitars, and I still prefer my own. (except for a Yamaha RGX121S that I tried once) My advice to anyone looking ofr an acoustic: try and find an FG331, it's worth any price offered. It looks beautiful and you'll probably be playing it forever. // 10

Comments