FG403MS review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG403MS

Purchased from: Professional Music Technology, Romford

Like I said before, I'm a rookie on guitar so I'm not really comfortable with playing several styles of music but the guitar definately gives a really clear, bright and crisp sound. I have found that it does not tend to fall out of tuning like some guitars when playing and my ear for music is improving all the time so tweaking the tuning ever so slightly is not much of a problem every few times I play.

The guys at the store weren't really helpful. The prick downstairs where all the electrics were didn't seem to want to drag his arse upstairs and give me some friendly advice but was interested when I went back to buy something. Anyway, I am not here to complain about the music store. Overall, I think this guitar has served me well in my few months of learning and I am definately going to keep it when I buy my first electric guitar. Any people thinking of learning guitar or even amateurs looking for a decent acoustic, this guitar is sound no pun intended.

I'd imagine this guitar would withstand live playing but haven't got that good yet ladies and gentlemen. I can depend on my guitar. It seems pretty durable. The neck is extremely solid and as unprofessional as it may sound, I've dropped it a couple of times and no damage has ocurred.

I think that the guitar was thrown together well at the factory apart from one of the strings not being clipped properly but who cares. The bridge, as far as I'm concerned is aligned perfectly and the finish on the guitar looks pretty sweet. I think that acoustic guitars can only look good to an extent where they cannot be compared with the variety of shapes, colours and finishes that you find on electric guitars.

20 frets. Made in Taiwan. This guitar looks pretty solid and has a nice finish to it. The neck on my guitar, unlike some acoustics that I've seen and that some of my friends have learnt to play on, is not too fat. I find it easy to wrap all of my fingers around it and after some practice, I was comfortable with fretting the strings in all different positions. This is my first guitar (had it bout 2 months) so I'm pretty new to playing but steadily progressing and this guitar seems fine and is doing the trick lovely jubbly. Crappy gig bag thrown in and a couple of picks.

ryanholsterholt
    I've had this guitar for over 10 years and it has held up well. It sounds good enough for recording as long as you use good strings like Elixir's. All in all I thought this was a more expensive guitar than it really is (gift) nice surprise. It does everything I need it to do so why buy an expensive Martin of Taylor? If you have extra money to throw around get this guitar, save your money but PM me and can donate to my MacBook fund! lol. Great guitar for the money
    ben.pratley
    this is seriously actually a really great guitar for its money, ive had one for years and used it for recordings and it sounds so sweet
    Atreyu154
    I have a buddy who has had this guitar for a couple years and besides a simple neck realignment the guitar has given him no greef. good price and good quality, great for beginners.
    Tcoldsteel
    This is the only acoustic I own and it does the job. The action was pretty high so recommend filing down the bottom of the saddle to make your life a bit easier playing it. I suffered for ages until someone suggested this and made a big difference. Good luck with learning.