FG413S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG413S

Purchased from: Craigslist

With this guitar, I play a lot of simple chords and complex finger picking. For both of these, it is incredible! I even met Tommy Emmanuel a while ago who played it and he too was blown away by it's sound.

The neck has stayed straight and in my opinion one of the best acoustics period. And for the money, nothing is better. I have compared this to numerous other acoustics of $3000 + and 9 times out of 10, this guitar outplayed them all. My friends have put down their Martins, Taylors, and Ginsons... etc, to play this and they all loved it. I don't know if I just got lucky on this one, but if it were to be stolen, I would be a wreck.

This guitar could easily be played on the road for years with out a worry. The most damage it has ever been through was a broken string. The finish does feel thin but to me that's a plus. There's no paint dulling the tone, and as I said, the finish has held strong, so far no paint chips.

Never been set up, and I'm not too handy with acoustics. But the action has stayed low throughout the years now and as I said before, has a beautiful finish to it. There's 0 fret buzz, and the finish is still holding strong with LOTS of abuse.

This guitar is to my knowledge mid 90's and made in Taiwan. It has 20 medium jumbo frets in a sand burst finish. The stock tuners are EXCELLENT and have never gone out of tune within 2 weeks on tuning. Beautiful finish on it and will be with me forever.

vidorando
    he seriously doesnt know how to rate a guitar, because he hasnt played any better.
    nethersoleantony
    this is a good guitar I've had mine for 17 years they really are well made if you can find one second hand
    joeguitargod
    ANY review that is totally biased and sounds like an ad, especially with near or all perfect scores, should automatically be kicked out and rejected. I don't care how good a guitar might be, a serious player will have SOMETHING to say about SOME aspect of the guitar. I have yet to play THE perfect guitar. Close maybe, but not perfect.