FG700S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG700S

I play mostly rock with the guitar. I played "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd when I got home and it sounded awesome. The sound you get from the guitar is amazing and the guitar is so affordable.

This guitar is perfect for me and rock style playing. It's good for any style for that matter. I have been playing for 2 years and this is my third guitar. I have a Squire srat electric and a Yamaha nylon string classical guitar. Which was my first, but I didn't know the difference then. But this guitar is way better than all of the others. If it got stolen, I would buy it again if I had the money, but there is a warranty I think. But it shouldn't matter cause I'm not letting it out of my sight. The thing I love most is the playability and the sound. You get such a great deal for the sound. You can't compare this to any guitar in the 200-300 dollar price range. This guitar is really cool. I do wish I could've gotten a sunburst finish, but the guitar still looks great.

This guitar will definately withstand live playing. It's loud and perfect for gigs. It's durable, the day after I got it I actually accidently hit my door jam with it. I thought there was going to be a dent, but there was no sign of one. I plan on having this guitar or a long time, it should definately last.

The action for me was set perfect for the guitar. Easy to bend, but not to easy like on nylon strings. The bridge was perfect as well as the beautiful finish. It's really a good looking guitar.

This guitar is solid top, and getting a solid top at $200 is a great deal. 20 frets, rosewood. It had a nato back and rosewood. Natural finish with bear-claw grain. It's a big full sized dreadnought and resonates fantastically. I had this guitar and a Fender DG-8 at the store, and me and the salesmen were jamming and you couldn't even hear the Fender.