FG700S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG700S

Purchased from: Tom Lee

I was not interested in low/mid level Yamaha's like 3 years ago because their sound was terrble! But this new FG series totally blew me away. This guitar resonates so well, its amazing! I play acoustic songs along the lines of slow, relaxing kind of songs. This guitar is highly recommended for beginners because you can't beat the sound for the price you pay. My friends have also played this guitar (they are more advance than I) and they were thoroughly impressed with the sound that came out of this guitar.

I play stuff that is catered to the purpose of this guitar: relaxation. However, when I do decide to play something a little more upbeat, this guitar can handle it. I've been playing for 8 months now and I also own an Ibanez SA160qm. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I think I'd buy from the Yamaha FG series again but either the 730 or 750 upgraded model. I love this guitar because it's more than what I expected for the price. The guitarshop guy gave me great advice and told me to go with this guitar. I compared it with all the guitars in the store that were in the $200-$400 price range and this one sounded the best and was the easiest to play. I am very happy with this purchase and absolutely amazed that Yamaha could produce such a great product for such a low price.

This guitar could withstand live playing if you turned it into an acoustic electric (only for volume purposes). The hardware seems like it will last a while and already, I can tell that the sound is improving (its been about 8 months since I've started), which means the solid top is expanding. I can depend on this guitar to stay in tune, produce warm and full tones and produce adequate resonance so everyone can hear. I've dropped this guitar a couple of times and carelessly walked around with it, hitting objects in the way. No dings have resulted from the wear and I'm surprised. Its a good quality finish to withstand such beats.

The setup from the factory is perfect! The action is low and the guitar is very easy to play. The only flaws I found were that the strings and fretboard were quite dirty when I got the guitar. I cleaned it with a cloth and lemon oil and a lot of dirt came off. That would be my only complaint as the action and finish of the guitar is superb.

Solid sitka spruce top w/ nato back and side and rosewood fretboard. Made brand new for 2005! The finish is a durable glossy finish that can withstand some pretty hard hits! I banged this guitar many times and no dents! This guitar stays in tune very well!

Metalmaster61
    i have an fg700ms and it is FANTASTC! who needs gibson? i use it to practice my stuff if i cant be bothered to set the amps up, i play mostly rock and metal, but it is still great 11/10
    meeno112
    you make it seem like a warranty will save you if your guitar gets stolen. it won't
    steve-bod
    I have a fg700ms highly recommend for beginners. cheap,sounds awesome, had mine for a few years and it is still kicking very durable.
    landbound
    I have the fg700ms, the same guitar but with a matte finish. It's excellent for the money.
    Kurt1964
    I've been playing my FG700S for about 2yrs. now, it's the most "user-friendly" guitar in the world! Full sound, great action and excelent construction. It holds it's tune remarkably well. Of all my guitars this is my favorite! Everyone who I allow to play it,is simply amazed. I'm quite suprised more people dont own this guitar!