FG700S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG700S

Purchased from: Music Maker SC

This guitar really helps my sound. I used to love electric but this guitar has turned me to the direction of picking bluegrass and anything with a good Acoustic ring. It has a rich and ringing sound to it; With a certain tune, it could bring a manly tear to your eyes! The variety really just is anything involving Acoustic as far as that goes. All I can say is even after a year with this guitar, I still haven't grown tired of the sound.

Right now, my style is pretty much a palm mute, strum, and pick style. This guitar is great for that because of the great neck posture availibility. I also have another Acoustic but this guitar doubles over it by a Goergia mile. If this guitar was stolen from me, I would buy it again in a heartbeat (except for the fact that it has a life-warrenty.) I Thought about getting a fancier and more expensive guitar with a better name but in the end, I wouldn't ask for a better product because I know its not possible.

this guiatr is definately durable. Plenty of room on stock for the strap, well-set stock, and a great neck. I'm not gunna try it, but I could probably bang this thing against a brick wall and it would only have chipped finish. It's prety solid. (no pun intended) If I went on an unplugged gig, this would be my number one instrument.

The guitar has a nice classic clear wood finish to it. I've always had trouble finding an Acoustic without that flaring B-string. It seemed like every guitar I picked up, that certain string would overpower the sound of the rest, until I saw this guitar; and the set-up couldn't be any better for this problem. Everything seems well-put together. The only problem I get while playing is if I'm not sitting in a certain position, the saddle will cut the circuloation off in my strummin' arm. Other than that, Great Guitar!

This guitar certain guitar was made in China. It has 21 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has a solid sitka top with silver tuning knobs. Its hollow body is oretty basic but I'm pretty sure its made out of maple wood (or thats what the guys at the shop told me.) the body style is classically curved. I love the tortoise pick gaurd! it came with a pretty sweet velvet case! I'm pretty satisfied with it.

CRGeetarPlayer
    Ok, Ive had this guitar for about 2 years and it still sounds the same, looks the same (this guitar is very, very, durable). I think it will still be one of the best guitars I've ever had, mostly for the loud (so loud it is as loud as my electric sometimes), nice sound that comes out of it. If I had made this guitar, I would have priced it to be $400-$700. I LOVE THIS GUITAR... I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS TO ANY TYPE OF GUITAR PLAYER. Whether its beginner to 30 years of playing.