FG700S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG700S

Purchased from: Guitar Center Highland Park, IL

I tend to take metal songs and turn them acoustic, like bullet for my valentine did with a couple of their songs and this guitar does a really good job of playing that sort of style so it fits perfectly. No buzz, and D'Addarios work great on it. I don't use any amps on it mainly because it doesn't plug in to anything.

Overall this guitar should match almost sny style of Acoustic music you are playing. I play Metallica and August Burns Red with it just fine as well as some Willie Nelson so just about anything would be great to play on this fine instrument. My overall impression of the guitar is that it is fantastic and has many great qualities as well as many different genres in which to play in.

It should withstand live playing even though I've never tested it live. I play it in my practice space and it gets pretty rough sometimes but it never bothers the guitar. I would use it to play live though. The sound is great, comes out clearly and this guitar would be perfect for live playing as well as practice or in the studio.

This guitar was set up as well as I could ask for. Whn I slide my hand down the neck while playing it slides smoothly and there is little friction. No flaws that I noticed when I bought it. The tuners were properly tightened, the fret markers properly alligned, the pick guard was placed properly.

Made in China in 2007. 20 fret rosewood fingerboard that feels very natural when playing. Normal fret markers without one on the third fret. Finish is naturally beautiful. Basic Acoustic guitar but with some style. It didn't come with anything, no strap, no bag, no picks, but you can always pick some of them up yourself.