FG720S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG720S

Purchased from: My Local Independent Music Store

The guitar fits my music style quite well (rock, blues, and jazz). The guitar sounds rich and full as it is a solid-top guitar and resonates well. Also fits strumming, finger picking, Acoustic soloing style players. This guitar can be loud or it can be quiet, depending on how light or heavy you play. I am a light player with a medium-heavy pick.

I play many styles of music including Rock, blues, Alternative, Punk, metal, bit of jazz, and bit of funk. I have been playing for about 6 years. There isn't anything I wish I bought before buying this guitar. If My FG720S was stolen or lost I would get another to replace it. I loved the colour scheme as well as the deep rich tone it produces. The only thing I truly hated is the 2nd day I had it, my pick fell inside and I shook the guitar to get it out and I hit the headstock of of something and it dented. Little mark now. I chose it after it came in because of its rich tone (No obligation to buy if it didn't like it). I STRONGLY recommend getting a guitar humidifier to protect your guitar. I bought one.

This guitar is extremely reliable. The hardware seems it will last. The one strap button seems to be solid. It has never shifted or moved. I can depend on it. The finish is good enough to last and doesn't seem thin or easy to wear off with lots of playing. I haven't played Live yet so I am unsure if it is dependable on a gig without backup.

The guitar was set-up quite nicely. I ordered mine through my local music store and it arrived freshly off the line. All was matched up exactly. I thought it was funny that there was still saw dust inside when I got my Acoustic. Smelled strongly of fresh cut wood. There wasn't any rusted or oxidized hardware, because it was fresh off the line.

This Guitar was made in 2007 (still being produced) in various parts of the world. The guitar has 20 frets with a rosewood fingerboard. It also is a Solid-Top made of sitka spruce. The Back is made of Nato as well as the sides. The Neck Binding is white/cream/off white. My Acoustic is what the manufacturer calls "Dusk Sun Red" which is black on the edges and fades into a nice red, which is semi transparent. The other finishing options are Natural, Black, Brown Sunburst, Dusk Sun Red, Oriental Blue Burst. The body features a dreadnought body style. The Bridge is made of rosewood as well. The pickguard is a Tortoise pickguard. This guitar features no electronics. Also Features Die-cast Tuners. This guitar has no accessories but music stores may include a case.