FG730S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG730S

Purchased from: Guitar Center.. Tonawanda, New York

The style of music I play is primarily "Classic Rock" and "Country". And for these genra's of music, the Yamaha FG730S is very well suited for the job. The sound is very full, yet it has a brightness to it, especially with it's harmonics, that I can only describe as, "pure sunshine"! Play one, you'll see what I mean. Over-all; the sound is very "clean" and "crisp", with sensational tone.

As like mose musicians, the style of music that I play is constantly evolving. But for "Classic Rock" and "Country", the Yamaha FG730S is a great match! I've been playing for several years now, and have owned many guitar in my day, ie: the Yamaha FG700S, a Washburn D10SCEB, and various Fender acoustics, etc... But for style, beauty and sound, the 730S has them all beat. If it were to become "lost or stolin", I would definately re-buy the Yamaha FG730S again! What I love most about it, is it's over-all quality and sound, and action. This guitar has never let me down. So if you're looking for a moderately priced, quality Acoustic guitar, give the 730S a serious audition. And as alway's... ROCK ON!

I've used this FG730S on several live gigs, and so far, it seems to be putting up with all my abuse quite well. It's finish is thick enough to prevent most rough handling. And the tuners, once tuned, stay tuned! In my opinion, bringing a back-up out to a live gig, is moot. As with any guitar though, with a good solid case, reasonable care, and regular maintainence, this FG730S should last for many years to come.

Other than having to be tuned, the factory "set-up" was average. The frets were seated properly, and the neck needed no adjustment. The bridge, nut and tuners are spot-on accurate. The action and responce is wonderful, no worries there. In other words, NO "buzz" to it at all. The finish and the construction is some of the best that I've seen in a $300.00 guitar. No glue overlaps, even staining and smoothe lines. However, the strap button did need to be tightened.

The Yamaha FG730S that I own was constructed in 2010, and manufactured in China. The features of this guitar are many; it has 20 frets residing on a bound Rosewood neck. The top is solid spruce sitka, supported by Rosewood sides and back. The top features an Abalone rosette inlay, accompanied by a Tortise pickguard, and a Rosewood bridge. The two-ply Rosewood headstock has "sealed" diecast chrome plated tuners. The finish is a clear polyeurathane, which highlites out the natural beauty of the woodgrain, superbly. The guitar cane with NO extras.

GorillaBreath
    heard this guitar on youtube, and by the sound of it, it surpasses guitars $300-$700 easily...no exaggeration.
    hot-house
    The FG730s is my first accoustic. It has been fantastic. Easy to play, forgiving, and sounds similar to a Taylor or Martin (Doesn't feel like a Taylor or Martin but cost 1/3 of the price). For me, it was the best quality in the $300 price range!