FG730S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG730S

This guitar works really nicely for country. Bright, rich sound. Mine is a bit buzzy up past the 15 fret, but then again the hunk of wood gets in the way of fretting and is probably the cause. It works well for a lot of styles, though- I've played a bit of hardcore rock on it as well and it really holds up.

Overall, this one is the leader of it's price range. I snagged the last one in stock at my local guitar center. I'd buy it ten times over if it were stolen- and it's nice enough to be stolen! I love the feel and sound of it. A cutaway might be the only thing it could be improved by, but if you're not playing up that high, it's perfect the way it is. Long live Yamaha!

This guitar will definitely last. And last. I feel like I'd depend on it, no backup needed. All hardware's nice and sturdy. The strap button is actually a bit big for most straps and you'd have to tie it up behind the nut. Unlike most, the finish isn't wearing down were my elbow sits on the top.

Right out of the factory, this guitar is just stunning. There's no need to adjust anything on it. Everything's fitted quite nicely; the pearl inlays really add to the overall look of the axe. The nut is just a tad misaligned, but it doesn't impact the sound at all.

Though I really don't know where Yamaha produces their axes, but this one is definitely high quality. 20 frets, solid Sitka Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides. The top, back, and sides have a nice, even gloss coating, while the back of the neck is smooth satin (a feature I'm in love with). The gloss really brings out the natural grain in the woods. The tuners are your standard tuners with some nice shine. They stay in tune really well, too.

Caustic
    Still my main acoustic 4 years after I wrote that review - it's solid, nothing's broke, nothing's loose or needed replacing (aside from strings of course!), it's seen heavy use and been bounced around, passed around, fallen out of vans in it's case and taken more than it's fair share of punishment. And I expect it'll see much more before I'm done. It owes me nothing and I still love it. Buy this guitar.
    sharpinator94
    Been doing a lot of research for my first "Decent" acoustic guitar as I have had a couple of electric guitars with a cheap crappy fender acoustic and a classical guitar. You quickly find after a few minutes of research that this is hands down the best acoustic guitar under 500 or $700 if your american! The guy in the guitar store said that the next best guitar after the fg730s costs above 500 which is a pretty crazy statement considering that means that there are guitars that cost nearly 240 more than the FG730S and none of them are as good! Plus you would think they would advise me to get an expensive guitar considering they make more money the more expensive the guitar but nope Just shows you how honest some music stores are. This guitar is great. It has such a meaty bassy sound and according to my research they can only get better with age. The sitka spruce top settles in after time and sounds even better.