FG750S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FG750S

Purchased from: Conserve Guitars

Of all the guitars in this price range, this one stood out. Bright, but warm. Sparkly and full. I compared this guitar to a 1000 Martin and to be honest the sound difference was miniscule! I simply can't justify how some guitars can cost so much just because of the name on the headstock! This guitar has an amazing sound and really does stand its own agains guitars costing up to 5 times as much!

This will not be one of those guitars that you buy but end up wondering wether you brought the roght guitar, trust me! I tried out so many guitars for around the same price, and even some more expensive ones, but none of them could stand up to the Yamaha fg750s! I love everything about this guitar, the looks, the sound, EVERYTHING! The one and only thing that could make this guitar better would be if it had solid back and sides but that wouldn't make much of a difference until its a few years old. Overall, if you're thinking of getting this guitar, go for it, you wont regret it!

Everything on the guitar seems to be pretty solid, I was very impressed with the neck block bracing which you only normally find on guitars costing around 1 grand and over. Everything seems to be built right, and with the proper care this guitar should last a long time.

I had the guitar set up in store when I bought it. It was set up perfectly, nice low action, just what I wanted. The finish is absolutley stunning. The natural gloss looks great with the tortoise shell pickguard. The only flaw with this product was a few scratches on this pickguard, but thats to be expected when buying second hand.

I got this guitar second hand from my local guitar store. It was made in Taiwan, has 21 frets and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a brilliant solid sitka spruce top found in alaska with a great looking natural gloss finsish as well as 6 ply dark brown/black/ivory binding. The tortoise shell pickguard is very nice as is the wooden rossete. The back and sides are sycamore and also have a sort of dark brown wooden binding. The neck is matte nato and has 2 ply binding all the way up and around the headstock. The tuners are dicast with amber perloid tuning pegs. Overall I was really pleased, the materials are all top quality and the craftsmanship is great. It is something to be expected from much more expensive guitars! Included accessories were a wall hanger and a allen key thing.

mannymoses
    My friend let me borrow this guitar. They received it as a gift yet never ever learned how to play it, it was basically just sitting untouched. I had it for 3 months and it sounded absolutely amazing. My friend was moving and I was hoping they had forgotten about the guitar but no. So I had to let it go. That was a sad day.
    KennyKet
    I bought one of these. Lovely guitars, well made. It does have a great sound, but I'm getting fret buzz. I heard it's common because of the low action
    Rurounikz
    try different strings, not gauge but brand. for instance i used ghs 11s and i had buzz i switched to daddario 10s and it stoped
    guba_fm
    I bought one 5 yeras ago (Kiev,Ukraine). Absolutely agree with all fellas - it sounds great. You can play any kind of music on it. If i compare it with a woman it will be a beautifull, lovely, faithful wife, you don`t wanna cheat with )))) Nice purchase that costs more than it`s prise. Enjoy playing!!!!