FGX720SCA review by Yamaha

Controls: Lows, Mids, Highs, AMF, Volume
Finish: Durable Hi-Gloss
Pick-Ups: 55T 1-way
Peg: Diecast Chrome

I bought the guitar with no accessories included, and, as far as I know, there are no sets for this make and model. The neck is adjustable to suite your preferred action, however I have found no need to adjust any of this from what the factory has made.

I play most every type of music, so my styles are those of: bluegrass, blues, country, rock, classical, romantic, contemporary, alternative, and other indie-styles. The depth of the body is not too deep or too shallow; she fits perfectly and does not cause uncomfortable play. She can sound clear and romantic if played as such, or she can have a twangy rawness if played so. I mostly play without her being plugged in, but I usually keep the lows turned up, and Highs just under midway. However, the possibilities of her sound are endless. If you plug her into an amp, you can get some distortion, however I would generally leave this for the electric guitars.

I have yet to adjust either the action, or change any internals of the electronics. She is a plug and play. The factory did an excellent job of setting her up soundly. As for the bridge, I have not needed to adjust any part of that. Set up splendidly. If it were not for the vanilla edges, I would think the guitar was carved and made entirely out of one piece of wood; absolutely no flaws in the bookmatching. Something that is very important to me is the fret alignment, and every single fret on this guitar is aligned perfectly, creating excellent pitch for every chord variation.

The Yamaha FGX SCA is durable, and will stand triumphant to all vigorous play. The knobs on the electronics are fixed tightly in place, and do not feel loose in any way. The tuning pins are solid metal, and are not difficult to turn, but do not stick at any position. There is only one strap button, which is the same place where the lead goes in, and there is not braking that button without a good hammer. So long as you buy a good set of strings, there is no need for back-ups on a stage. There is a durable, non-scratch plectrum guard, which A - looks nice, and B - does the job well.

As I have said, I play many styles of music. I have had the opportunity to play countless instruments, and, out of the dozen or so electric-acoustics I have played, the Yamaha FGX720SCA is the best. I had been searching for a worthy enough electric acoustic for myself for well over a year, and once I picked this one up and played her, I knew she was the one. I wish I had asked the music store where I bought my acoustic to put on a second strap button, because, for now, I have to tie my strap to the top of the neck, which is uncomfortable for me. The best thing about this guitar, and something I am extremely picky about, is the fact that every fret for every string is at the perfect pitch. No tuning slightly off just so that you can play sleep gently higher, as it is with many other guitars. For such a sturdy guitar, she is quite light, especially for a guy used to a solid body electric like me. So, I would give her a 100% rating for quality, but as I said, there is only one strap button. Also, do not be bogged down by the price, I bought it in South Africa, so shipping and heavy tax was included; do your own research as for the prices near you.