FGX730SCA review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FGX730SCA

This is a phenomenal sounding guitar for it's price. When I was looking for an upgrade from my old Yamaha acoustic (a very trustworthy F315) I looked at countless guitars that exceeded $800 in price, with some going up to $2000. None of them struck me as "The One" until I played the FGX730SCA. I couldn't believe that my new favorite guitar was another Yamaha. This guitar sounds rich, full and clear unplugged as well as plugged in. The EQ on the pickup is excellent and the built in tuner makes sure that you guitar sounds the best it can. This guitar truly gives guitars 3 or 4 times it's price a run for there money in sound.

I have absolutely no regrets about buying this acoustic. If something ever happened to it, I would by another one as soon as possible. It is s very good looking, very good sounding, very affordable acoustic-electric guitar that is WELL worth the money. It is my new standard acoustic, and I doubt that will change.

I have only had this acoustic for a month, but it has given me no reason to doubt it's reliability and durability. I have played with it Live, and it worked perfectly. The hardware seems very solid as well as the strap buttons. This guitar only comes with one strap button (on the bottom side) as I believe all Yamaha acoustics might. This means that the other end of a strap gets connected around the neck. Personally, I prefer this method of attaching the strap. I feel it offers greater stability, supports the weight of the neck and takes away any strain there might be of holding up the neck of the guitar with ones left hand. All around, this guitar seems very durable and reliable, and if it's anything like my Yamaha F315 (5 years of use and abuse starting as a beginner, and the thing is still going strong)than it should be around for a very long time.

The guitar was set up very well from the factory for me. One of my friends feels that the action is slightly high up the fretboard, but it is great for me, and could always be adjusted via the truss rod. I have not found any flaws on this guitar so far, the finish looks flawless and everything seems to be in very good working order.

This is a solid top Cutaway Dreadnought acoustic from Yamaha. I have owned mine for a month now. It has a Sitka Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides. It was made in China (Yamaha has there own plant in China where there instruments are made, so they are not outsourced to smaller private companies to complete). It has a high-gloss natural finish. This guitar also is equipped with Yamaha's own System 55T active electronics, which offers volume control, three band EQ with mid-range sweep and built in tuner (a very nice feature).

mkamsten
    I just got a FG730S from yamaha, it's very similar to this but it doesn't have the cutaway and no built in electronics. Yamaha FG7XX guitars are VERY good for their price. Amazing sound and quality that you normally find in guitars that cost twice as much.
    Derpadurr
    The 730s a terrific guitar, with top of the line electronics. The only Yamaha I like more is the 700s non-cutaway. If you like Yamahas, that is one to check out for sure.
    TasianSensation
    such a nice guitar! i was looking for an acoustic, played this in guitar center, and knew it was the one! however, i haven't bought due to money constraints. does anyone know how the FGX720sca compares to this? all i know about it is it's $100 cheaper, and i think only different wood...
    yourxtuesday
    this is a GREAT guitar. i shopped around for a good acoustic-electric online-- did pages & pages of research before going into guitar center to play a few.. i played this one, even compared it to a martin of almost the same price, & it just didn't compare. this is a high-quality guitar for an affordable price. it stays in tune, it has a beautiful ringing sound that's not tinny or too bass-heavy, it's GORGEOUS in appearance, has a built-in tuner (which is incredibly useful)... love it; not planning on buying another 6-string anytime soon, i'm totally happy with this one. my only complaint was that the first time i changed the strings, the nut popped right off. but that's a quick fix.
    cox2006cox
    I have owned this guitar for over a year and it is still going as strong as the day I bought it. The first thing that you see on it is it's amazing rosewood back and sides. Every time I open my case I am flooded with that great smell. It stays perfectly in tune with strings ranging from medium to light gague. I LOVE THIS GUITAR!