FGX730SCA review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FGX730SCA

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Can be a liitle on the bright side plugged in But easy to dial it back in Very full sound and great sustain I play blues lead Lots of stones ect Fast action... Very fast I play an 83 Fender Smith strat as my main guitar when going electric or a Studio LP This neck doesn't slow me down one bit and is great all the way up the neck The intonation is spot on

If there were lost or stolen I would look to replace it this was an absolute STEAL at this price Of course I would have to play one first. I took a flyer on this because of the Price from a pawn shop on ebay It was a Home Run! I own 3 Vintage fenders ( 2 mustangs 65 & 76 and an 83 smith strat ) a G& L strat, 2 Taylor's a Seagull 25 th aniversery addtion and a Gibson Studio Raw Power with Maple body mahagony neck and maple fretboard neck ( unique & awesome ) My amps are Hot Rod Blues Deville 2-12, Mesa subway blues, Hartke 75 ac for accoustic a shitty little Marshall MG30 ( don't buy one) and a bunch of little practice amps and basses. This baby will be my main stay accoustic guitar hands down.

This is going to be my number one workhorse The 14 is going back in the closet Its not close I love this guitar I dont know how old she is but there are no signs of cracking anywhere She is light as a feather the lightest guitar I've ever played So I hope I don't smack it into something when playing out.

Nothing needed to be done zippo new set of light 12Ga exllior polly's and I was set Like I said dead on all the way up the neck ( better then most if not all my guitars with the ecepetion of the 814 Ce Which isnt fair its a 3000 guitar).

Bough this used off ebay with HSC for 266.00 Guitar is in Mint condition with one tiny ding and one surface scratch don't know age I'm guessing 10-12 years old. Removed old crappy strings Conditioned fret board and threw on some new exillor poly lights. The glossy finish g on this guitar is gorgeous with faded vanilla binding and rossetes It looks and plays like a 1200 guitar I love the fast but not thin neck and great frets For bending and sustain The on board electronics are very responsive I was shocked at how well they were. I own two Taylor's a 14 ce and 814 ce this blows the 14 away It reminds me of a Martin D18 I had years ago. I play thru a Hartke 75 AC and it sings thru it.

divrack@aol.com
    Ive owne one used for over two years and its been thru the wars and keeps sounding better and better i use Elixer nano webs stings on it ill put i up against my Taylor 210 all day long and then some. Its either a 2000 or 1980 not sure but has the red label inside I had lent it to a friend I just got it back WOW I think im going to sell the taylor this is a GREAT guitar and a def keeper for sure I had a 814 CE Now that was like a baby grand piano but it was also 2400 used I think i pad 350 for it with HSC
    IABart
    I've had mine for 3 years. Action from the factory was very high. Getting it lowered resulted in buzz, so I had to order a bridge from Yamaha and replace it to a height in between. I was a beginner when I bought this guitar. I'm intermediate now, and if I could do it over again, I'd buy a Mitchell MD-100S or the Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ-500REMs. There are TONS of better solid top guitars w/out electronics at 1/2 the price, or I'd have saved and bought the AC-3R or AC-1R from Yamaha, or a Takamine EF. All better guitars in my opinion. For the money, FGX-730 is very good, but not THE best at that price point (or even below-as I mentioned, now that I'm more experienced, I've played a dozen used solid tops at a major chain, for $99 or less (the brands nobody wants), that sound better and have nicer actions than the Yamaha.