FX310A Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 07/16/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Yamaha: FX310A
A built-in piezo electric pickup mounted in the saddle offers excellent balance over the instrument's six-strings. Supplying simple tone and gain controls the active preamp delivers a natural, acoustic sound.
 8.2
 8.4
 11,802
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
FX310A Reviewed by: black_sabbath12, on july 16, 2007

Purchased from: Sobers Music

Features: The Yamaha FX130A is an acoustic guitar with a built in pick-up in the saddle. The piezo electric pickup gives this guitar a great clean tone and not a lot of feedback even when plugged in and turned up. This guitar has a spruce top, meranti back&sides and a natural finish. It has a nato neck with 20 jumbo frets and rosewood fingerboard and bridge. The tuning heads are non-locking. It also has a built-in preamp with Treble, Bass and Gain and also comes with a battery light that shows you when it's running low. It also came with a strap and a couple of picks. // 8

Sound: For the most part I play alternative and rock so this guitar fits like a glove. I usually play unplugged but when I do use an amp it is my Nova which is one of the worst amps built but this guitar manages to sound pretty good anyway. This guitar has never let me down. For any acoustic or country lovers it has a beautifully bright tone in standard tuning but for you rock or metal fans out there tuned down this thing is a beast and can be tuned down quite low for an acoustic. The equalizer is very sensetive though and should be adjusted easily. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action of this guitar is just perfect straight from the factory. The pickup didn't have to adjusted at all to get great tone. The finish is quite thick with a beautiful natural look. The only flaw with the guitar is that I think it should have come with two guitar strap pegs. I like the style of this non-cut away guitar because I find that it is the most comfortable style which is why I also prefer Les Pauls to Flying V's or Strats. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is a fairly durable guitar and will withstand most Live playing (with the exception of things being thrown at it). I have to admit I have dropped it a couple of times but it is still goin' strong. When I got this guitar it only had the bottom strap peg, which was also the input jack, so I had to get the other one installed which was no problem, I just took it to a music store and they did it for 5 bucks and the finish will not wear off, it is quite a thick finish. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar is that it was a little pricy but other then that a very good guitar. I have only been playing the guitar for about two years and for me this a great sort of beginning guitar. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would probably buy a cheaper guitar because this was pretty pricy for someone with no job. Something I love about this guitar is the electronics that sound great. Something I hate would be the very touchy equalizer. My favourite feature would have to be just the overall look of the guitar because it is a very nice looking thing. One thing I wish this guitar had for the price would be a built-in tuner. That's all and I hope you found this review helpful. // 8

Comments