FX335 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: FX335

The sound on this guitar was great much better than I assumed by looking at it. With a new set of strings on it the acoustic tone is more than just fair. I found that it is very good for some one Who plays a lot of chords or a new guitarist that is just learning his scales. I play metal and blues and when I need to play a acoustic part I reach for this. This is not a acoustic/electric guitar as much as it is a acoustic guitar with a pick up in it. Meaning when you amp it up it nothing special.

Iv been playing for a year and and a half, And this being my first guitar it was a very good match. The night I brought it home it smelled like kettle corn, not even kidding. I love how it's cheap enough to take any were and not worry about humidity and temperature as much as a more expensive acoustic while still giving the great sound. Good hippie guitar, low maintenance.

I have nicked this guitar so many times but it still sounds the same. I have hit it on things so hard I thought that I had to of made a dent and I didn't even scratch it. The finish is good you can wipe the guitar down with a wet cloth to clean it and it wont soak through.

The only problem that I have with this guitar on mine the bridge has a Splinter cropping out that I did not notice until I got home. Also the plastic in the bridge is wearing down but I am fairly certain you can replace it. Nothing really out of place or put on wrong. Nothing loose and the wires are not seen through the sound hole.

It was made in Indonesia. Runs on a 9v battery that came with it. 20 frets total. only he first 15 are easy to get to because the body is not cut back. Has pearl-dot inlays with a rosewood neck. You can adjust the treble bass and gain, there is also a button to press for a l.e.d to turn on to tell you if the battery has power. Has a flat face and a flat back with a normal/thin neck. The bridge is non-adjustable but the neck can be adjusted to be concave and convex.