Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack

Well I have only been playing a few months. I play mellow and strummy, but that's because I haven't sharpened my picking yet. I would say the sound is a very good all aroung sound. Bass and treble are well balanced and clear as can be. Good punchy sounds for hard stumming.

I own this guitar, a case and a stand, give me a break I've been play 4 months. I will play anything catchy and singable. Puddle Of MudD to Jack Johnson, Chili Peppers, it all sounds great on this guitar. If I was going to improve it I would say make it louder, but that's my only gripe. If you can find and F310 buy that over this, this should be your next choice. The F310's solid top is superior, but I think Yamaha has realized that guitar is too good to sell near the price of this one. I give it a full recomendation for beggning players. I would recommend it for intermediates too, but I would feel right as I am a beginner myself.

Well, I haven't had it very long, but I have knocked it around a bit and it shows little signs of wear. I will say that the finish comes off the finger board easily as I have chipped it with a hard downward strum (not the fret board). Other than that it has held up very well to the mild abuse I have put it through. I gave it an 8 here because its hard to excuse chips in the finish after only 4 months of play, but even with those tiny chips, it's beautiful.

I have not had the action lowerd on this guitar, but I may do that in the near future. Believe me, it's still very playable right from the store. Also, its a very sharp looking guitar with a nice shiny looking finish.

I don't know what year it was made but it was purchased in 2006 brand new. It is made in Indonesia like Yamaha's other lower end guitars, but that is a non-issue considering the high quality of this instrument. Jumbo frets, rosewood fret-board, 21 frets and the back and sides are made of Meranti (Meranti can refer to a viriety of sub-species however) which is similar to mahogany with bigger poors.