JR1 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: JR1

Like I said, mine is pretty old, yet it still sounds great. If the newer models are anything like mine, it would definatly be a great choice for any guitarist. It has a rich tone that makes it perfect for nearly every style of music. I've played shows with it several times, and someone always says something about how great my guitar looks and sounds. For me, it has become almost a signiture.

This is the best acoustic guitar I could ask for. It has a classic, yet defined look about it, a great sound, and everything about it makes it have a character. If anything ever happened to this guitar, I would by a new version of it and hope that it would be just like the one I have now.

This guitar hs never had a case or a gig bag it all the years it's been around. For a while, it even spent some time in the bed of a pickup truck. After all these years, I'm surprised that it hasn't received more damage than it has. Mine has a crack running all the way down the front, but it doesn't affect the sound at all. It has some scrapes and scatches that really actually make it look even better. Nice a rugged. I depend on this guitar probably more than it deserves, but it never lets me down.

It's easy and comfortable to play. Everything is set up nicely on it. My dad did replace the tuning heads after the originals went bad, but that's all. The new ones are a kind of cream color rather than the original silver, and I think it makes the guitar look even better.

I don't know all the specifics, but this was my Dad's guitar. I have it right now, and it's over 30 years old, yet still has the amazing sound it was made for. The Yamaha JR1 is extremely playable and reliable. A genuine spruce top, Indonesian mahogany back and sides, Nato neck and Javanese rosewood fretboard combo is elegant and smooth playing. The 3/4" scale makes it easier for smaller hands on young guitarists, and is a perfect shape for women like me to play.