LL16 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: LL16

It's the ballsiest sound I ever heard with great lows and very ballanced mids and highs and great sustain. Never gets noisy, no matter how hard you strumm, you get the clear sound of a very loud powerfull guitar. When fingerpicking it produces a bell like sound and it's the ideal sound if you pick really hard. CSN, Simon & Garfunkle, Don McLeane are some of my favorites and I really enjoy the sound that I get from this dread.

I play 30 years and have also a Larivee D-05 witch is an all solid spruce-mahogany dread with a very good sound but it's sound looses a bit when you play hard (somekind of distortion). I decided to write the review for the LL16 because I think that the Yamaha L-Series are outstanding guitars, even compared with higher priced American or Canadian brands. I played many fine guitars and if any of you can't afford a 2000$ guitar, try one LL16 to see if you like it as I do and don't be suprised if you like it better.

It's a very well made instrument, with high quality materials, nice finish, but I'm carefull with it because it's an all solid guitar and being so is not as durable as a laminated one.

I did'nt like the setup at all because there was a buzz of A & D stings at the third fret so I had to raise the action of the neck a bit using the tool it came with. For now the buzz is gone and the action is still ok but it seems that they didn't give the attention they should by just trying to lower the action without spending the time to test it after. Everything else is very well done. The woods are outstanding for the price and so are the tuners.

It's a 2004 made in Taiwan acoustic dreadnought. Solid Engelman spruce top. Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides. 3ply ebony fretboard. Ebony bridge. Mahogany-rosewood-mahogany neck. Non scalloped bracing. Golden grover style tuners. It came in a nice hardfoam case with a neck adjustment tool.

HannibalX
    this guitar sucks!!!! I wouldn't blow so much on on some piece of crap that sounds no different than the F310, I'd rather buy a APX500 which is cheaper and gives me better sound what more its an electro-acoustic