3/4 Travel Size review by Zager

Zager: 3/4 Travel Size

Purchased from: www.zagerguitar.com

Sounds better than my Taylor Baby, and also my Aria, and Breedlove Passport lack sound compared to the Zager Baby. I have installed a mic and it works great with that sort of amplification, but mostly I'm playing acoustically around our vacation home and outdoors with this guitar. For a small guitar box though, the sound is impressive.

Compared to the baby guitars and mini models, this guitar makes them sound like ukuleles or toys. I had never experienced a Zager guitar before this one, and I really have loved playing it. It's a part of my family's vacation experience now. This is a travel guitar for when I go away and just to have something to play every day - I get some withdrawal if I don't play for a few days.

YouTube preview picture

Since I'm using this as a vacation/outdoor guitar it is put to the test a lot. It has stayed very well intact. Intonation is great, it's a sturdy little guitar. Professional hardware and parts. I can and have depended on this guitar for years now. I would buy another in a heartbeat if I needed to.

The action is what makes this guitar my most loved of my travel guitars. It is very easy to play; you almost have to get used to it at first. My son is able to play a few chords and strum on this guitar as well, which he cannot do on the others. Finish is beautiful. Some guitars at this price point are simply toys, but this is a real instrument for real players. The dark woods are very nice and the sound is smooth and well rounded.

Top, back, and sides are mahogany. Abalone rosette, pure acoustic, 35.5" height, 23.5" scale. Perfect size for travel/vacation guitar. It also has an adjustable truss rod to help with changing climates when traveling. Body size is 25% smaller than a standard dread. My cousin enjoys playing this guitar too because of some shoulder issues, the smaller size is much more comfortable for him.

farmspy
    I am a guitar newbie, and just received my Zager Baby guitar. The sound, feel and looks of this guitar are so much better than the other "baby" guitars I looked at, it isn't even close. With any purchase, knowing that the product went through a quality inspection is reassuring...with a Zager, knowing that the OWNER and FOUNDER OF THE COMPANY inspected the product tells me all I need to know about the company. Go, Zager!!