4/5 Parlor Size review by Zager

Zager: 4/5 Parlor Size

Purchased from: Zager Guitar

I play lots of fingerstyle and this guitar is so much fun to play. The shorter scale neck brings you chording fingers right in front of you and the closer spaced frets make the hard stretching chords so mucy easier to accomplish. And when using the capo it maintains true pitch all the way up the neck. For a smaller scale guitar the sound was just wonderful, with full base and brilliant tones. Not quite the same as my Zad 50ce which is a full size but so much better then expected for its 3/4 scale. It is quite amazing.

I have been playing guitar for 10 years and this is such a wonderful match for the music I love to play. I spend lots of time sitting on the easy chair in my living room cuddled up playing my finger style music. The smaller scale is a wonderful choice for this and when traveling it is so much easier to transport. If this guitar were lost for some reason I would replace it with the exact model with no second thought. The 3/4 size scale seem to bing the musing and the emotion of you music closer to home. I feel so much more connected. You can not go wrong with the Zager Big Baby.

I know this being a Zager it will withstand anything I put it through. My previous Zager which I have owned for about 6 years has never needed any adjustments other then the new strings which I put on. And being so easy to play seems to make the strings last longer then any other guitar I have played. I often hit my guitar strings with the pick when doing some strumming and the finish withstands any scratches. The quality hardware on Big Baby will pass the test of time. I have always been able to take my Zager out of the case and know I will never have to be concerned on something not performing as it should.

Right out of the box this guitar was set up just perfect. Very little pressure has to be applied to the strings to get those perfect chords, even those hard to play bar chords were a breeze. The Big Baby will be wonderful when I take my music to friends or relativities home, and the case I purchased is very heavy and will protect it well. Absolutely beautiful and you can tell that care was taken when producing such a beautiful instrument. The finish is flawless and as wonderful to look at as it is to play.

- Style: 2013 Big Baby with case. - 25% smaller then the full size guitars. - Top: Mahogany - Back & Sides: Mahogany - Neck: Mahogany - Headstock: Mahogany - Rosette: Abalone - Finish: High Gloss - Truss Rod: Custom Adjustment Setting - Saddle: Tusq Hand Carved - Strings: Zager Custom Lights (by Martin) - Frets: Zager Soft Touch (hand filed) - Dimensions: 38 x 19 x 9.75 Height: 38 inches - Box length: 19 inches - Waist: 9.75 inches - Widest bout: 14.75 inches - Depth: 4 inches - Scale: 23.5 inches