ZAD20 review by Zager

Zager: ZAD20

Purchased from: www.zagerguitar.com

I'm a spruce guy myself, and my buddy is more of a deep Cedar top guy. He got the Zager 80CE after he played mine and said it was a little bright. I like the sound of my ZAD20. It suits my style perfectly and was exactly what I had been searching for. And after owning it for about 1 1/2 years now, I can tell you the sound has gotten so much better with age! WOW! Don't let the awesome pricetag fool you, this guitar beats my Takamine and Breedlove in terms of sound. Even I was surprised at that, but it's so true. The Tak sits in the closet, and the Breedlove is for special occasions only. I play my Zager daily. The sound is so bright and rich because of their special bracing. LOUD! Love it!

My overall impression of this guitar is "joy". Joy for the quality at the price point; joy that my fingers aren't making me stop playing earlier than I want, and joy to tell others about the Zager line. Most folks haven't heard of Zager other than the song his dad played in the 70s. I'm so happy to have found Zager and their instruments. You know they care about their product going out their doors, and the customers they're sending to. All correspondence has been easy and fast. Simple questions are answered so fast. They are helpful and you know they know what they're doing. If my ZAD20 was lost I'd be emailing Dennis first thing for a replacement. I would probably try to adjust back to the Tak, but I've done it before and it just isn't the same. Your fingers are yelling at you to Please go back to the Zager! I honestly don't dislike anything about this guitar. I do wish I had my initials in abalone on the fretboard, but I'm not in the budget for the custom jazz. My favorite features are the playability and crisp sound; what else really matters with a guitar. I give credit to this guitar to get me playing again since 15 years ago, and on a whole new level. This guitar is the real deal. And hey, if you get one and it's not for you, send 'er back and buy a XX brand name. They're worth a try... Turned out great for me!

This guitar has stood up great. Other than my own dinging it, the finish is still beautiful and glossy, the parts are all in place, and the neck is still straight as an arrow. It stays in tune for days, even weeks. No complaints on the solidity of this guitar. I know I can depend on it to be a lifelong friend.

This guitar's special set up is the high point on the guitar. They are so nice to play it's insane. I was looking for a daily player that can give my hands some rest, even if it meant sacrificing a little sound while practicing. But this guitar has playability and sound. So slick on the fretboard, I have gotten faster as a guitarist on this baby. I used to only strum, but now I'm getting into fingerpicking and bluegrass. Who woulda known...

I bought this guitar early last year. It is a full size dreadnought guitar with a solid spruce and mahogany construction. The high gloss finish is beautiful and very complimentary to the grains on the face. Grover tuners, pearl fret markers, and rosette inlay. All beautiful aspects of a quality guitar. There were many accessories that came with the guitar. First, the gorgeous professional-grade ABS case was on sale and shipped for free with my guitar inside. It has a digital humidity gauge so I know when I need to get my humidifier out. Also, they include a sweet Zager tee shirt, many extra picks, and an extra set of strings. I asked about a strap and VOILA! They included one free of charge just because I asked. This company is awesome with the free gifts and accessories.