ZAD20 review by Zager

Zager: ZAD20

Purchased from: Zager Guitars

It suits my music style to a Tee! I Love it! Country/Bluegrass/Blues. No amps and or Effects are needed with this guitar. It has no pick ups what so ever, it really doesn't need them for my use.. Its all on its own sound. Noisy? This thing really rings out a loud and glorious sound when played with a flat pick. I had an old Takamine guitar that, I thought maybe sounded somewhat good until, I got a Martin guitar from Mexico that once again, I thought was nice. Until I got this Zager ZAD 20 Guitar.

I like to play Blues and country rock-n-roll. It is a good match for this because of its perfect sound. O, I have only been playing about three years as far as guitar goes. I played the drums for years in a band before getting started with the greatest instrument in the world. I also own at this time a Mexican made Martin DX1AE. It is a good instrument, but it does not have near the sound quality and or playability of this Zager even though it is in the same price range. I wish, I had asked the question, - How are you able to sell this guitar at this price?

YouTube preview picture

I would think this guitar would withstand many a year of live playing from the looks of it. The hardware is of top notch quality as to my knowledge. It does seem as though the top notch hardware would stand the test of time. The strap buttons are good as far as I know. I could very well depend upon it. I would use it in any gig and or in front of any audience at any given time. You would not believe the sound of this thing. I would use it with no back up what so ever. Is the finish good enough to last? The finish is flawless on this guitar.

The set up from the factory was without flaw what so ever. That is the very best part of this deal. This thing is truly an EZ Play guitar right out of the box. Again there were no pick ups account this guitar doesn't come equipped with them. Properly book matched top? Listen, you would think a person with OCD was in quality control on this one. The top was perfect. Properly routed bridge? What do you mean by that? This guitar has perfect string spacing. It contained no known flaws as to my knowledge at this point and I do not expect any.

My guitar was made in the year of our lord 2012. I have no idea where it was made. I hope mostly in the U.S.A. But, I know it wasn't. I think they import it mostly assembled and then Zagerize it before the sale. I only wish, I could say it was made in the U.S.A. Never the less, I am happy with my purchase. It has 20 frets. It has a solid spruce top as do many. The body and neck are advertised as Mahogany wood. I have no idea if it is real or laminate. The finish on this guitar seems to be perfect. I think the bridge style would be string through body. Tuners are Grover and very nice.