ZAD20E review by Zager

Zager: ZAD20E

Playing acoustic isn't my primary style and type of instrument. However, I've been wanting an acoustic that could take on the sound of just about any of my favorite acoustic sounds varying from Bon Iver to blues or to anything indie. This guitar absolutely nails any tone I want out of it. What it really comes down to is hearing it for yourself. The most notable tonal characteristic of the guitar is that it rings like a bell and has more sustain than some of my electrics, believe it or not. In short, incredible sound.

This guitar is the sound that I've had in my head for a long time. Whether or not that sound is similar to mine, you'll just have to hear for yourself. You can do this with ease as Zager offers a 100% money back guarantee that if you don't like the guitar, you can return it, and they pay the shipping. Totally risk free. If this guitar was stolen or lost or something along those lines, I would definitely buy it again. I've been playing for about 3 years now, but people have told me I sound like I've been playing for at least double that. I love everything about this guitar. It's definitely worth trying out risk free. One of the things that I noticed when I first visited the Zager website was that everything seemed fake in an odd way, almost as if it was a scam. But I was completely wrong after reading about the company's history and their reputation. I was further proven wrong after working with the customer service, which is all run directly by Dennis Zager Jr., Zager's son. I was taken aback by the courtesy and quick respond time that I received. There really isn't any company like Zager Guitars, especially at the price point that their guitars come in at. All in all, check out their guitars!

Unfortunately, the guitar came with no strap buttons. However, it is not uncommon for acoustics to not include them. The rest of the hardware is very solid, and I am sure this guitar will last for years with the proper maintenance of course. As I've only had it for a few days, I can't say for sure exactly how it will hold up in live situations, but I am confident that it will. The guitar just feels so solid and well built.

The guitar was set-up perfectly right out of the box. It was detuned slightly, but that is to be expected. There were two tiny imperfections in the finish that you really had to get up close and personal to see. However, I knew that there would be some form of a ding somewhere because I bought this guitar slightly used and discounted. If you weren't specifically looking at every spot on the guitar, you might not even find an imperfection. The guitar also came with what sounded and acted like new strings, which is a pleasant change from most new guitars that come with nondescript old strings that sound terrible. A great out of the box final touch I would say!

This is a very solidly built USA made guitar, more specifically made in Lincoln Nebraska. In terms of woods, it has a sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and of course a rosewood fretboard. Comes with super smooth Grover tuners too. It has a very simple electronics system that does not impede the tone and sound of this guitar, both physically and tonally through an amp. It doesn't come with any strap buttons, but that's to be expected for a relatively high end acoustic. For more detailed specifications, just go to the Zager website. In my purchase, I bought the hard case to accommodate the guitar. Some of the other accessories I received were an extra pack of strings, a small pack of picks, authentication papers, and a free t-shirt!