ZAD50CE review by Zager

Zager: ZAD50CE

Purchased from: Lincoln

My Zager suits itself well to my music style. I especially like finger picking. I have not tried the electric part of the guitar because I do not have an amp. One quality of my guitar that was noticeable immediately is the full and bright sound, including the sustain that it has.

I have been playing the guitar since 1970. If stolen I would but a Zager guitar again. I love that I have finally bought a quality guitar. I think the tuner is a good feature for me. As stated, there were other guitars I tried, Martin, Gibson, Taylor, Alcatraz, Ovation and others. I spent a lot of time at Guitar City trying out guitars. I chose the Zager because they did a good job convincing me their guitars are good. I guess the warranty did come into play too. If the guitar did not measure up, the option to send it back was reassuring.

This is one category that I cannot speak of from personal experience as I have just purchased the guitar. I can only state what appears to be and what I believe except for the first item. I have used the guitar on two gigs with no problems, albeit connecting the strap on the neck with leather ties. Can I depend on it? Yes, I believe so.

My guitar felt nice, sounded wonderful and was in magnificent condition right out of the box. I did notice right away that the string were farther apart(stance) and I could fit my fingers on one string at a time rather than the guitars I tried before, which I refer to as the fat finger syndrome. I could not find one thing wrong with it.

I especially like the fresh aroma of the new wood inside the sound hole. An added bonus is the tuner installed on the body; I used it right away and have never tuned a guitar with such speed. For the same money I could have bought any of the bigger name brands, like Martin, Johnson, Gibson and others. Indeed I did try all those brands of guitars, just a month or so ago. I made the right choice by buying a Zager.