ZAD50CE review by Zager

Zager: ZAD50CE

Purchased from: Zager Guitars

The Zager ZAD50CE is perfect for the Classic Rock Balads that I play and will be just as good a match as soon as I master the the ART of finger style. The ease of playability make this guitar erfect for any style. I tried some America and a little acoustic Eagles and was very satisfied with the result. After banging away at some Country I was even more convinced that I made the right decision and purchased the perfect guitar for me. So far I've only played it at home but the sound projection either unplugged or plugged into my Line 6 75W Amp seem like it would work in any size room.

I play a lot of Classic Rock ballads and Modern Country. The sound for these styles of music is perfect. I am going to attempt some finger style and will be using the Denny Zager online lessons to pick up that skill. That's a great added benefit to purchasing this guitar. You can also purchase at a relative low cost, full access to Mr. Zager's online lesson package. As a relatively new guitar player I wanted something that I could play for hours on end and this is it. I also own a Martin acoustic a Gretsch hollow body and a Gibson Les Paul. Each of those guitars have their own benefits but the Zager compares favorably to the Martin.

YouTube preview picture

The guitar construction and workmanship is solid all the way. Now in reality I don't abuse my guitars but this instrument looks and feels like it will stand the test of time. It feels nice in the hand and looks great. The Pearl fret markers are a nice added touch and the gloss black pick guard looks great against the natural finish. But in the unlikely event that something goes wrong the guitar is backed by the Zager Lifetime warranty. So the Zagers demonstrate the reliability of their products by standing behind their guitars for as long as you own one.

The primary reason for purchasing the Zager was the Zager Easy Play set-up and action. And true to his word this guitar is by far the easiest and most playable acoustic I've owned. I've played Martins, Takamine's and Epiphones and this beats them hands down. The guitar was very playable right out of the box, although I did swap the light strings that the guitar came with for some Martin medium phosphor bronze strings. But that's a preference thing, not an issue with the guitar. The guitar set up was nice and low and needed no adjustment.

This acoustic/electric guitar was made in the USA by Zager Guitars in 2012. It has a beautiful natural finish with professional level Fishman 60 Series eletronics, including a built in tuner. The guitar is a good looking cutaway with a Sitka Spruce Top and Mahogany neck and sides with genuine Grover Tuners. It looks as good as it plays! The cutaway style makes for easier handling while playing in either the siting or standing position. I have some professional musician friends who own very expensive guitars and they were amazed at this guitar.