ZAD50CE review by Zager

Zager: ZAD50CE

Purchased from: previous owner

I play a lot of different styles of music and to my surprise my Zager can handle all of them. My biggest concern was how would it handle folk rock? Not a problem once I changed the strings on it. I definitely need to buy another one because, I need two different types of strings to achieve the sounds I'm after. When plugged in I run it into my Laney acoustic amp which sounds great with country music but when I switch to more aggressive folk rock music I switch to a Crate acoustic amp with built in effects which I use. I really turn up the bass on my guitar for this style and so far I have not had any problems with noise such as feed back.

I have been playing guitar since I was 8 years of age and my Zager is my favorite acoustic/electric that I have owned. Almost 44 years of play time on me! I started with good ole country music and in the past 7 years started playing some folk rock. The only other guitar I would buy to day besides a Zager would be a Rainsong that has been sent to Zager and is now a EZ-PLAY guitar. I would purchase it for my folk rock guitar because of the body style. I love the jumbo size. I had to get use to the size of my Zager compared to the jumbos I have been playing on for years. I own 3 Yamaha compass series guitars a Alvarez and a Martin. Honestly, If Zager ever makes a Jumbo I must have it! There's not a easier playing guitar made. I heard about Zager from a friend of mine that like myself suffers with arthritis. After playing on his when I could barely play on mine, I was sold.

I play out a few nights a week.For the last 2 months my Zager is the only acoustic/electric that I play. I do play electric guitar too so, I take my Parker Nitefly as well. I am seriously going to purchase another Zager for back up just in case I break a string while playing but, for now my Nitefly will serve as a back up for me. As I mentioned before I do play different styles of music and since I have had my Zager I have changed strings 3 times in 2 months just to compare the sound. I have found this to be true with any guitar I play. Strings matter as much as a good quality guitar.

I did buy my Zager used and it did not have anything wrong with it. The day I received it I played it for many hours trying to figure out what makes this guitar so much easier to play than my other guitars. A lot of thought by a experienced player is what it took. I don't question it anymore, I just play it all the time. I have had my guitar for a few months now and still with playing every day I cannot find anything wrong with it or anything I would want to change with it. The bridge is perfect and the neck as well. The sound quality is amazing.

This Zager ZAD50CE was made in May of 2008 in Lincoln Nebraska. For only being 5 years old the sound is incredible and that's unplugged. Plug her in and even though mine has the older electronics (Clear Wave 10) I'm not at all disappointed. What I find amazing is how easy it is to play compared to 3 other name brand American made acoustic and, acoustic electrics that I own. As far as the wood it is made from I believe it is a spruce top and has a beautiful Violin Sunburst finish on it. The tuners are Grover which work very well and I never any problems with it staying in tune. I also received the original Zager case which included a humidity monitor in it. Zager has one of the nicest cases available for their guitars.

hillj3874
    I have arthritis in my left thumb and you can imagine how difficult that makes playing bar chords and complex fingerings on guitar. I researched the guitars available and play quite a few before deciding on my Zager ZAD50CE Acoustic Electric. I found it much easier to play than any of the ones I tried before deciding and the sound plus the craftmanship is excellent. I talked with Denny Zager (Danny's son) a few times before purchasing and he assured me that if I didn't like the guitar for ANY reason, I could send it back to them and get 100% of my money back plus shipping. All Denny cared about was my being satisfied with their product and as far as I'm concerned was one of the most courteous and caring people you would ever want to deal with. I am having the action on the guitar set as low as possible due to my thumb pressure situation but that is just because I want to do everything I possibly can to get back to playing the way I used to! The guitar is most certainly the easiest playing guitar I've ever had and it is now my pride and joy to play! Thank you Danny and Denny for making this guitar available!!!