ZAD50OM review by Zager

Zager: ZAD50OM

Purchased from: www.zagerguitar.com

The sound is vibrant and projects very well. The fact that this is a OM size model did not seem to affect the volume at all as compared to full size guitars. It has a very rich full sound both when fingerpicking and strumming. We looked at many different guitars and the sound quality of the Zager is far superior to any in this price range and as good as many priced much higher. My brother-in-law is in a band and talks music/guitar night and day was extremely impressed with the sound and could not believe it was coming from a guitar that only cost $495. I had to show him the Zager website to prove it to him.

Well, I played many years ago, about 35 years ago to be exact. Too busy with the career! I'm now retired and wanted to begin learning again. I'm so happy that I found the Zager guitar company and took my time and did my homework, before making a purchase, that I might have been sorry for from other makers. I love the way this guitar feels and handles and it going to make this so much easier! I would certainly recommend this guitar or any from Zager for that matter. If my guitar ever gets lost or stolen, I'd order another one from Zager Guitar in a heartbeat!

YouTube preview picture

This guitar seems to be built extremely well. I've got others that simply don't seem as solid. The finish seems so nice and so flawless, it should be very easy to keep it that way. Let's face it, we do have to polish 'em now & then! The strap stud is nice and solid and Grover tuners are awesome. The nut, bridge and saddle are solid and well done! It holds tuning very well... I forget to change strings. My guitar stand was stolen at a gig, so I did without for a while, and my guitar got knocked around more, but survived.

As I stated above the action and set-up is what really makes an already excellent guitar stand out. The custom work done by Denny is outstanding. His process of lowering the stings closer to the fret board along with a slightly wider stance and a thinner neck make this the easiest guitar to play that I have ever tried. My brother-in-law has 14 guitars with 7 having special set-up work done and the Zager is in my opinion better than any of them. The Zager guitar probably saved my daughter from giving up on her guitar lessons and renewed her excitement for playing, something that I will be forever grateful to Denny Zager for.

I've recently received my new Zager ZAD-50 OM, orchestra model acoustic guitar and I'll have to say that I almost didn't order it, due to a few bad reviews that I had read. What a mistake I would have made, not ordering this great guitar! I ordered it, received it and I'm totally excited about it. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, how could I loose on that kind of deal!? The OM model is about 15% smaller and it's exactly what I was looking for. The guitar fits me really nicely and the guitar is very easy to handle and is extremely well balanced. I also ordered the case for it and am I glad I did! Wow! For the money, it's an outstanding quality case. I don't put this guitar away very often! It's a joy to play and I'm now a believer in the "E-Z Play" system. Thank you Denny for spending the time that you did, concerning the professional setup on this one! It's awesome and I appreciate it very much!