ZAD80 review by Zager

Zager: ZAD80

Purchased from: Zager Website

My music style is more Folk than anything and acoustic is always my preference. The sound of this guitar... Now I have had roommates that are music teachers and band members. Working and living with guitars for years. My closest friend that actually started as my Guitar teacher said when he played her for the first time. "This is the warmest young guitar I have heard in a long time". Now although I am not a professional I do want to say that even I know what he meant by this. When you tune her and then first start to play to then start to HEAR the difference. Her warmth and sustain are gorgeous.

I've been playing for about 10 years now, seriously started "working" on my skills about 7 years ago. I prefer Folk or turning something I like into a slower acoustic song. My rhythm is still under review for rapidly placed music. If this guitar was stolen I would buy another without a second thought. One of my friends that came in and picked her up said, "whenever I come over here and pick up this guitar is it like playing an old friend". New or old to playing guitar I believe the Zager guitars are wonderful. I asked a ton of questions from their customer service before purchasing her. They answered everything with a smile and without hesitation. I've played quite a few make, model etc of guitars now. Well especially now that I have been around for awhile since buying her. I would buy her again in a heart beat. I'm looking at buying another guitar from Zager as well this time the AE instead of an acoustic only.

Reading the pre-questions above it almost looks like a checklist of the review I'm posting. Will the guitar withstand live playing? Yes it will and has. When you live around musicians you can almost guarantee that you will at one point live close enough to a gig where something went wrong. This happened with my guitar and she played wonderfully for my friends solo gig that night and again played well for many more shin digs at my house. Along with me beating her up along the way learning and tuning my skills. Her hardware is perfect still even after all these years, strap buttons are solid, durable completely and her finish... Beyond a few scuffs which would buff out easily it is still glorious and gorgeous.

This guitar when I received it was ready to go, actually received the first day of my second year of lessons. I'm not sure again what all of the technical terms are but as she has been with me for several years now and is still as true and tight as she was when I received her... I'm very pleased. All of her seams are perfect, her body to neck are perfect, the inlays are perfect and the finish is gorgeous to this day even with all of my and others playing her. For the action... I work for my Bruce Wayne job as an operations manager. I type a ton, I run around a ton and get almost no brain drain during the day. Immediately when I picked up this guitar I could FEEL the difference. The strings are lower then most guitars. This meant I had to push down quite a bit less than on other guitars. After a long day of typing, writing, fixing machines and then driving... I was not the most apt to want to hammer down the clutch just to get my guitar into gear. She plays like a dream, warm lovely notes with a length to them. The gentle push you have with the setup from Zager is unmatched in their area of sale.

Right off their website are the dimensions. WHEW, I'm glad I did not have to type all that out. Here is my personal notes though. Her size is large. She is gorgeous without fault. That being said use the measurements if you are small of stature. She is a big girl. Being a 6' tall amazon as I am this was no big deal to me and if anything for myself it helped with my sitting and standing stance while playing. I do think that smaller people would not have an issue though, my younger siblings love to play her but for their everyday guitars they have smaller more compact sizes. My two cents. Dimensions - 41 x 20 x 11 Dimensions - 41 x 20 x 11 Height: 41 inches Box length: 20 inches Waist: 11 inches Widest bout: 15.5 inches Depth: 4.75 inches Scale length: 25.5 inches