ZAD80CE review by Zager

Zager: ZAD80CE

Purchased from: Zagerguitar.com

The Cedar will give you that mellow deep sound. I like this because I play in church a lot and so it fits my style to a T. Noisy in a great way. Sound rings out nicely. Rich full sound, yes. It's getting richer as time goes by. Love it. Using a Fishman Loudbox. Nice little amp to go with my nice little guitar. Great combo.

It's a great guitar. For under $1500 for the case and shipping I feel I definitely got my money's worth. It didn't have the upper strap peg but that was an easy fix. I of course would have liked to play the guitar before I bought but the sound demos weren't bad, and I had the money in my wallet to spend... If it didn't work out they would have heard from me the same day UPS dropped it off. Didn't want to return it after that first hour. Great player. I would buy another Zager if something happened, unlike the Taylor 410. When it was gone I felt it was time to try a new brand. I lucked out there. One of my favorite features is the sound but better than that is the nice n easy action. That's my story.

So far so good. Finish is quality. All parts are solid. Amp jack sturdy. I can definitely depend on it, yes. Stays in tune real long. Lifetime warranty is a nice thing to have too. I don't play live other than at service, and this guitar has gained my trust. I keep another in the back room, but haven't needed to use it yet. Zager is a reliable instrument for sure.

Well Zager's main selling point is their playability so I was excited to test it out myself after reading this and that online. (Part of the reason I'm posting good vibes now). Yep, plays easier than my cheap Seagull, and even my mid-range Martin I must say. I'd have to spend a couple grand to get this sort of action and even then it's not guaranteed. Grains on it are nice to look at. No flaws. They have top notch quality control because they're a rather small family company.

Cedar top - Rosewood back and sides (beautiful grains) - Fishman Clearwave60 system including onboard tuner - inlay around entire face - Gold plated Grover tuners - cross fret markers - scalloped bracing - zipper stripe on back - lifetime warranty. This is a standard dreadnought cutaway style acoustic electric guitar. Great fit and finish. Beautiful detailing. Electronics are pro grade. Similar woods to a Taylor 410CE I owned a few years ago that was ruined in an accident ($2300). I also purchased the Zager pro grade ABS case with digital humidity reading and plush interior, leather Zager logo strap, custom Zager picks, custom light gauge strings. Who doesn't love freebies.