ZAD80CE review by Zager

Zager: ZAD80CE

Purchased from: Zager online

I play a variety of styles, often just with myself. This guitar has good sound with a nice bass tone. It is easy to fingerpick and the notes sound clear. The electronics allow me to change the tone when played through an amp but the sound is both bright and full without amplification. I am going to have to not play so hard as this guitar sounds full and loud without heavy flat picking or finger picking. I have a Fender acoustic amp that has reverb and chorus. With the brightness control on the Fishman pickup I can get a lot of control right at the guitar.

I play contemporary fold, blues and this is a good match for me. I have a Martin that I will not be playing with this new guitar. I usually play acoustic but sometimes use a Fender acoustic amp. This guitar will let me adjust the volume at the guitar instead of needing to go to the amp to adjust tone and volume. If I lost this guitar I would definitely get another one. As I said it is only one day old but I already like it so much that I am writing a review. I would encourage anyone to take a look at this guitar when they are buying a new instrument. The workmanship, sound, and customer service are all top rate.

The guitar seems to be very sturdy but does not seem heavy. The bracisn is well done and the workmanship is very clean. It fits together perfectly and there is no sign of bad workmanship. The finish is well done and consistent around the guitar. The inlays are precise and fit with no rough spots or snags. It feels smooth and as I look inside the guitar the same high level of finish is found there. The tuners are grover and of the same high quality as the rest of the guitar. I can see this guitar lasting for a long time with the sound only getting better as it ages.

The guitar came out of the box ready to play. It had a final inspection by the owner, Dennis Zager before it was shipped. It had dropped half a tone on some of the strings so the included tuner was necessary to bring it back into tune. The temperature today is closes to 80 and it was in a UPS truck until noon, so that would account for the slight change. I can see nothing wrong with the guitar as it arrived. As I said, I received a discount on the guitar because there was a flaw on the head stock. I cannot find it so it must have been very small. The guitar still has a full warranty and guarantee even with the reduced price.

Guitar ordered and delivered the next day It has a minor blemish that I have yet to find. The finish and inlay work is excellent and the playing is very easy. I have a Martin D28 from 1984 and this guitar plays easier all up and down the neck. I would say that the tone is at least as good as the Martin. I know it will get better as I play it more. It came with a well built case with a gauge for humidity as part of the case. Active electronics by Fishman, with 5 tones and a tuner were included. Grover tuners, and a free lesson and a weed of access to the video library lessons were included.