ZAD80CEOM review by Zager

Zager: ZAD80CEOM

Purchased from: Dennis Zager

I can plug into our sound system or mic it in from an amp or just amp up! With the rich sound and professional electronics, one is sure to get exactly what is required to put on a good show, or just noodle around in any style you choose. The playability is soo intense that you will forget your still playing an acoustic instead of an electric. Really! In fact, you may just forget your playing period? Moving the controls around to make your own sound is easy and quick. With the Fishman Clear Wave 60, your sure to get that special tone and sound that puts you right were you would like to be.

I play old classic rock, old and new country, various types of folk and ballad and some easy listening. With effects I can bat out some OK leads riffs with the right settings. The acoustic capabilities are totally stunning! It has its own voice and it sings like an angle. This handles pretty much all I have to give it. After 40 + years of playing, I am very happy to get the one I always wish I had... Yep, this is it all right! If this were stolen, I would have a very bad day if I couldn't afford to get another one. Like loosing and arm! I just love the rich colors and the grains of wood. It shines so brightly in the lights. I love the way it feels, looks and certainly the way it sounds! There is nothing negative about this guitar so I have nothing to add to the hate pile in this questionnaire, meaning that there is absolutely nothing to hate or even dislike!

Like I said, this is "The One" and I done a lot of checking to come to this conclusion that I feel this ZAD-80CE OM will make it to the next couple generations for sure. And with care, it may just become a standard relic that is sought after for it's attributes, and this one has a lot of them! The Grover 18:1 ratio Machine Heads (Tuners) are a plus for getting that just right pitch. The inlay that surrounds the body face and the sound hole and the neck, is a real eye catcher when your up there in the lights showing them all you got what it takes to get it done rightly. I feel this guitar is solid and worthy of being classed up there with the big ones, but in a class all it's own. I would certainly trust this guitar to not have a backup. The quality really is amazing!

Being a medium to small person, I have great comfort in holding a guitar that doesn't take up more room than I do. This is the guitar for that reason alone. The OM version of the ZAD-80 series has just the right fit for a smaller person, both in girth, weight and height. I was so amazed to unpack it, tuned up two strings slightly, and then played and played and played. It stays in tune even when you use a capo. The playability of this guitar is even more surprising when you are playing up the neck. It keeps its tone pretty dang true! The finish is so bright and clear, with subtle runs of the grain on the face and the deep, wide grain runs of the Indian Rosewood on the sides and back, well, wear your sunglasses if I get the wax out!

Ok now! I am fishing around for THE ONE in guitars. I've got the money to get one that is really good and will sustain itself for a couple generations or so. One that fits not only to my body, but to my ears. One that has that phat sound when strummed and that articulate capture of each string as a player gives each string its own attention. With the Western Red Cedar and the Indian Rosewood back and sides, along with the expert craftsmanship that goes into each guitar, especially mine, heh heh! Seriously though, for the price, the attention to quality and workmanship, the inspiration to produce the best sound from the best sound, this guitar - Zager ZAD-80CE OM - is by far, and I mean really far, the nicest to hold, best sounding, best feeling guitar I have ever picked up! From the rich sounds of the resonating woods, to the high end electronics with tuner, to the ease of play without trying, this guitar is hands down the best I have ever picked up in 40 years. I am so glad I took the time to research and ask questions cause the Zager's were right there to answer all questions and give me solid answers with beating around the bush.