ZAD900CE Review

Zager: ZAD900CE
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ZAD900CE Reviewed by: Geo524, on november 25, 2015

Purchased from: www.zagerguitar.com

Features: I received my Zager ZAD900CE on Friday and have to say I am just BLOWN away! The sound and action on this guitar are phenomenal and it is just gorgeous to look at.

ZAD900CE specs:

• Neck - Mahogany with Inlay
  • Headstock - Indian Rosewood
  • Bracework - Zager Design (hand scalloped)
  • Inlay - Full Abalone Inlay
  • Built In Equalizer - Genuine Fishman AURA
  • Tuning Machines - Genuine Grover
  • Nut - Bone Hand Carved
  • Saddle - Tusq Hand Carved
  • Strings - Zager Custom Lights (by Martin)
  • Frets - Zager Soft Touch (hand filed)
  • Warranty - Lifetime
  • Dimensions - 41 x 20 x 11
// 10

Sound: This guitar more than suits my style of music. The low, EZ-playing action makes it an absolute joy for finger-picking. I'm into folk, soft-rock and some country. It has a beautiful, well balanced tone with a fantastic sustain and projection. This guitar is loud without being plugged-in and mics up beautifully. The real surprise is using the Fishman Aura system a long with a miked signal. We are talking HUGE sound here folks! This guitar cuts through a mix like butta! The pickup is as quiet as a whisper. No hiss or hums at all. Just wonderful sound and the modeling is just amazing. I was never a fan of mic modeling but the system in my 900 has forever changed the way I think of mic modeling. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Denny Zager does a wonderful set-up on his guitars. This guitar was in tune right out of the box and played exactly as advertised on the Zager website. I played this guitar for several hours and have already done some recording with it. I couldn't be happier with the sound I'm getting out of this guitar and again the feel and action is so comfortable. The attention to detail is exquisite. Looks like a fine piece of art. Not one single flaw which is more than I can say for some of the bigger name brands I've purchased and owned in the past. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Judging from what I've seen so far I believe this guitar will last me a lifetime. It is very well made. The finish is durable and the overall construction is solid. It's a well made guitar with quality components. I mean Grover tuners, need I say more? I don't play out any more. I work mostly in my home studio but if I did I would definitely take this guitar out on the road with me. No question about it. Lots of people using these guitars in a pro environment are already doing it. Always bring a backup! Anything can happen when you're out in public and especially if you're playing in bars. // 10

Overall Impression: As mentioned above my style of music is folk, soft-rock and some country. I love to finger-pick. I've been playing for almost 40 years now. I have several guitars now and have owned Martin, Gibson, Seagull, Takamine, Fender, Squier, Sigma, Epiphone, Alavarez, Ibanez, Cordoba, etc... The ZAD900 is by far my favorite. There isn't anything I don't like about this guitar. It is a fine instrument! It easily is on par with guitars costing twice as much. And I just have to mention that Zager Customer support is 2nd to none! Dennis Zager, Jr. was such a big help with my order from start to finish. I ordered their basic wooden hard-shell only to find upon unboxing that I was upgraded to their high-end case for free. I also received a very nice, Shubb style Capo, extra strings, the Zager guitar T-Shirt and awesome photos and documentation. The Zager's do business the way business should be done! // 10

Comments