BA108 review by Ampeg

Ampeg: BA108

Price paid: A$ 299

Purchased from: Rockshop

Used with Warwick Corvette standard and MEC J pickups (active/passive) which seems good match with amps twin inputs (0db passive and -15db active). I'm 2 months into learning playing the obvious scale long with bit of pixies and alt rock/country/blues riffs. Clean sound through the dials. Giving it a ten cos it hits the whole range I want at this stage.

Compared with Line 6 LD15 (same price) no where near the crisp booming bass sound I was after but loads of effects and the Behringer BX108 ($100 less). Beautiful sound but 10w less power and ugly design (IMO). Hate the power lead sticking out the back (but suppose it stops the amp resting on wall). Would def buy again.

Seems solid as. No problems yet. So would not bother with backup.

2011 model - RMS power output: 25 watts - Speaker configuration: 1 x 8 - Preamp: Solid-state - Power amp: Solid-state - Tone controls: 3-band EQ - Line output: Yes - MP3/CD input: Yes - Headphone output: Yes - Dimensions (H x W x D inches): 15.3 x 15.3 x 11 - Handling weight: 27 lbs / 12.2 kg Tilt back cab and good solid finish. Used for home practice.

cjfin00
    This is a nice little practice amp. Solid as a rock however my BA 108 does not have a tilt back cabinet. After about 6 months the sound turned to mud, nothing but a nasty buzzing even at low volume. One year after I bought it Musician's Friend gave me the number to a Tech guy and after two phone calls I had a replacement on the way. As a mater of fact I just received it today! Sounds great! Ampeg stands behind their products.
    megafonospaziale
    I have it since a year. Awful. If you pass half the volume it starts to rattle in a unusable way. Poorly built, the plastic covering the cabinet cames off like it was glued with spit. I am very dissapointed.