BA115 review by Ampeg

Ampeg: BA115

I use a Schecter bass with this amp and between the two I get lots of great tones. I play all music and this sounds for all music. The big problem is that this hisses like none other with the treble all the way up, but I never have it up all the way so it's not too big a problem. DO be aware of it though. I typically use it with all the knobs between 3 and 6 and I get a lovely sound, kinda punchy, but still somewhat mellow. This amp, if you want it to make distortion, won't work for you. This thing makes NO distortion and high volumes, it actually surprised me. The only noise it makes is the beforementioned hiss.

As said before, I play all kinds of music and this amp is a great match for all kinds of music. I have been playing for about a year and my other amp is a 10 watt Drive amp which hurts my ears a bit to use. This amp had no nasty surprises for me, so I would buy it again if it was stolen. The only problem that I have found with this combo is the slight hiss I've discussed. I love how the EQ on this monster lets you change your tone dramatically, and this is my favorite feature. The style selector on this however, I find to be a waste of money. It pretty much makes your bass sound more guitar-like, which is what you don't want. I was comparing it to some GKs and Ashdowns, and I went with the Ampeg because of the name, and I must say people praise Ampeg with good reason. Plain and simple, this amp rocks!

This amp is built pretty well. The only problem with the amp in this category is that the outside cover is crap. It tears up pretty easy, but it doesn't affect sound so it's not too big a problem. This amp has never given me any trouble besides that, which is purely cosmetic, and others seem to think it looks badass. I would have no qualms about gigging with this without a backup. it's an Ampeg, and it is well built.

This starter Ampeg is much more than a starter. It is an excellent piece of kit in my opinion. I play pretty much all styles of music and this Ampeg can do all of them. The EQ on this actually has a very profound effect on the sound, but I'll get into that later. It has 2 inputs, one that is normal, and one that is -15db. The latter is meant for active basses, but you can use them in either jack and it works fine. The normal one, obviously, is louder. It has a headphone jack, line out, and 2 inputs. I wish that this thing had a mute button. that's it. Also I never use the style selector much, it pretty much just enhances the mids. The 100 watts is pretty loud and delivers quite a bit of thump. The amp is solid state and it has a horn.

CLIFF_BURTON
    I wish there were more reviews, this seems to be a very popular amp, which im thinking about getting, but it's out of my budget
    basser92
    This is a really cool amp! it has a awesome sound and gets really loud! the "guitar-like" sound is great for two finger tapping. So if your tinking about getting it...Go for it!