BA115 review by Ampeg

Ampeg: BA115

Purchased from: Musicians FriendI

I use my 2004 Fender P-Bass Deluxe Special with my BA-115, and it's a great setup. I flick all my guitar controls to full and set the amps tone Switch to "2" and get a sweet punk growl out of my rig. My only real problem with this amp is that after turning the volume past 1/3rd the speaker can rattle a bit, depending on how high you have the bass turned up. Other than that, the speaker has lots of punch and power, and sounds as powerful as an Ampeg should. I bought an Ampeg for that signature Ampeg sound, and I sure wasn't dissappointed.

I love this thing, and I love the price. I love the fact it has that great Ampeg tone and that signature Ampeg style. Coupled with the right gear, you can trash some serious sound with this thing. The BA-115 is my first bass amp, and I'm glad I shelled out the cash to get it, totally worth it. Near perfect.

I've had this amp for about 6 months now, and it's still perfect. No rattles (besides the aforementioned one) have emerged. It's powerful enough to do small gigs & practices with, my roomates claim it's powerful enough to take the house down! Never had a problem, solid as steel.

I got this rig as a christmas gift to myself, I could've paid another $100 for a tube-driven version, but after playing them back to back, this one was fine. The modeling knob has 5 settings, and it's pretty slick; setting 1 has a very deep tone, while setting 5 is very punchy and full of mid, I don't use anything past 3, personally. The CD in is slick, it allows me to plug in my iPod dock and play along. The tilt-back feature is key, and probably one of it's best features. I've never had a problem switching styles with this Ampeg, and in my opinion it's one of the best bass amps for the money.

Phrentis
    this amp has a great deep low tone and is powerful enough to cut through guitars and drums
    muzikman 404
    i own one and it sounds great. can get very loud. ive playd a small show and its definetly loud enough to hear. the 5 style select is good too. i turn it on 5. makes it really bassy and low. lahve it! but it has some amp hum, but not too much. price is a little high tho
    diefordethklok
    muzikman 404
    diefordethklok wrote: now this is going to sound stupid and newbish, but whatever. i've been playing for like four years, so i wanna move up to around a 100 watt amp, and i noticed bass amps are MUCH cheaper than guitar amps. is there anything wrong with using a guitar on a bass amp? i've heard 'horror' stories about guitars, pedals and even amps frying or catching fire from this, and it sounds completely wrong, electronically speaking. it would be fine, right? just with a bassies tone?
    well its not gona catch on fire or explode or anything, but what happens is u are making the amp do something its not made to do, so it causes the speaker to break if u play a guitar into it too much, and it would be the same if u played a bass into a guitar amp
    basser92
    Alright im going to put it this way....if your any good and can pull off "two finger tapping" then you should get this b/c its the best one for its price PS only a really GOOD bassist will want this amp
    digge
    I am interested in getting myself an ampeg bass amp. do any of you now of an amp that not cost too much, but is good enough to use?
    iceh88
    Just bought this amp and so far i love it. It is easy to use and made the switch from guitar to bass very easy. As for the amp sounding like a guitar amp i cant understand why someone would say that. The sounds are much different, the treble does hiss a bit but only when turned past 2 o clock. I am very happy with my purchase of this amp.
    Kingy_who
    The equipment will be fine, but it will have a different sound, have a try and see if you like the sound, the speaker may break if you play a bass into a guitar speaker. The problems you may find are the sound and the high end isn't too great on this amp and 100 watts on a bass amp is quieter than 100 watts on a guitar amp, as the bass amp has to push more air for the low end.