BA115 review by Ampeg

Ampeg: BA115

I use this amp with my Ibanez SR405QM, which has stock Ibanez CAP EXF-N2 humbuckers. It definitely suits my style, which includes metal and jazz played both finger style and pick. The only time its noisy is when the treble is turned up past about 7. It can make a variety of sounds from classical to deep metal. There is no distortion.

I mostly play metal, but am starting to get into jazz. This amp is a great match for both. I've been playing bass for 2 years and I own an Ibanez SR405QM, GSR200, and a DigiTech BP90. I would definitely get another one if I lost this one. I love that its a good, solid, loud amp. I wish it had an Overdriven channel. I also really like the -15dB input, because it is very useful for practicing at home or places where loud volume isn't appreciated.

I can definitely depend on this amp. I'd definitely use it without a backup, even if I had more than 1 amp to use. Its never broken down, and is extremely solid.

This amp is quite versatile, and can play various styles from jazz to metal (which is what I play). It has 5 Styles, which could be considered channels, that are selected via the Style knob. there's no effects loop, but there is a stereo audio input and a headphone jack. I wish it had an effects loop as well as channel switching. Its 100 watts, which is enough for what I usually play, mostly small gigs. Its all solid-state, but quite heavy, which is why I'm considering getting its little brother, the BA108.