ABM 500 RC EVO II Head Review

manufacturer: Ashdown date: 01/29/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Ashdown: ABM 500 RC EVO II Head
For those requiring an integrated solution, the ABM 500RC EVO II is a rack-mounting version of the standard ABM 500 EVO II Head, with a stunning, polished chrome panel.
 9.9
 9.8
 2,549
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ABM 500 RC EVO II Head Reviewed by: indie-bassist, on january 29, 2008

Sound: I'm using this with my MIA Precision Bass playing in a punky/indie band which this amp suits fantastically. I really have no complaints with the sound and I've got other decent sounds out of it too for stuff like country, jazz, blues and funk, it really is a versatile amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing has no broken down on me yet and I am confident enough to gig without a backup. I've got it in a rack case and so far it seems as if it's bulletproof. I can definitely depend on this amp, I know others Who own them and are as happy as me with theirs and they've had no problems what'soever and some of theirs have been very heavily gigged. // 10

Overall Impression: I have no regrets after buying this amp, I A/B'd it against loads of other bass amps in it's price range and some more expensive ones (e.g. Ampeg and Eden) and this one came out on top in the end because I just loved the sound of the thing. If it was stolen I would definitely buy another one. This amp is damn near perfection, if it had that wet/dry blend on the effects loop and dropped the shape Switch (although you can just ignore it) then it would be spot on. // 10

More Ashdown reviews rating category latest review
+ RM-C210T-420 420w 2x10 Rootmaster Combo 6.2 Bass Amplifiers 02/11/2015