Electric Blue 15-150 review by Ashdown

Ashdown: Electric Blue 15-150

Purchased from: Andertons Music

This amp is perfect for the rocky slighlty bluesy sound that I play at the moment. When I go insane with my playing the amp seems to go insane with me and with the EQ being so good I can produce what sounds I want but with no distortion being built in I have to plug a pedal in but thats no loss realy I prefer using pedals for distortion any way. With the monstrouse 15 inch speaker cone and conections for another 15inch speaker cone I can get great amounts of sound.

I play a sorta Rock style and I think this is a great match. I've been playing bass for around 3 years and have up until now had alsorts of gear but it dosnt survive as long as this amp has. I don't see how I could lose this amp and I don't see how any one could steel it without having a back injurie trying to get away but if it mystersly disappeared I would definitely buy it again. This is the best amp I've seen so thats why I choose it theres nthing I really want that isnt on this amp so I'm not unhappy at all with it.

I've taken this amp to the maximn amount of noise and the warning light comes on but the sound dosnt change in any way and the amp dosnt break. After geting angry with my bass disintagrating in my hands (don't trust Stagg basses!). I've been kicking this amp and giving it tons of neglect but the only thing that will probaly break is my bones because it so solid. I haven't needed it repared and I've had for a while and nothing's even slightly gone wrong and I doubt it will so I can always depend on this amp.

This amp has a whole load of effects on it, It has 5 EQ control nobs so its possible to get great tone plus some EQ presets wich are Bright, Deep, Nothing and a manual selection giving u some grate tones witch are easy to use. It has a effect wich is sub harmonics wich is just simply a form of an Octavia wich means you can get a cool sound with the push of a button and be able to control it. It has got to volume controls so that u can get very loud or very quite easily and has a bunch of LEDs witch light up to tell you how loud you are so when you're rocking out on stage you will know before your amp breaks itself if you're to loud. It has two inputs for different types of instruments so if you've got a strong loud instrument u plug it into the high jack or if you've got a quite instrument then u can plug it into the Low jack. Although I would rarely use it I recon this amp would be brilliant if it had a distortion control. This amp I think is the kind you use for gigs because it's loud and strong and looks so cool with the 15" blue speaker cone.