Electric Blue 15-180 review by Ashdown

Ashdown: Electric Blue 15-180

Amazing. It has no distortion but I used my digitech bass driver for distorion so that doesn't bother me. I play all styles of hard rock and blues and this amp does great for all of them. It is plenty loud and the only time that the sounds get distorted is when it shakes the room and all the rattling makes you unable to hear it great. It's great sounding and I love the lowness of it. It can also get bright by activating the bright switch. I use this when playing blues.

It's one of the best bass amps I've played. I'm glad that the Ashdown five fifteen I had broke cause I got this in return. If it were stolen or lost I'd get another. It's amazing. I'm hoping to upgrade by getting some cabinets for it and eventually a Gallien Kruegger head to use along with this one.

It's greatly dependable. I never am afraid it will break during a gig. Once a light fell and landed on it and the only problem that came from that was a piece of glass was in the handle.

The features are great 180 watts continous with 300 watts peak. It has a deep switch for lower tones a bright switch for higher tones. It has a eq which can be turned on and off. It also has a sub harmonic feature which can easily be controlled. I use when ever I play my bass whether it's band practice, live, or at home. I play all types of had rock and some blues. It's best for blues with the bright switch on and best for hard rock with either the deep switch or just regular. I use the EQ when I'm playing with bands to help make it blend with whatever type of equipment they are using. May use it to get higher or lower tones depending on the music also. The head can be unnatached if you want to make it into a stack also but with the use of a saw.

olithebass
    amazing amp! never have to buy another one again. love it! dishes out some serious noise!!!!!
    lorrythebassguy
    ive got the 12" version, i cant gig without it! i take it everywhere with me its so versatile! im probably gonna get a 410 cab for it soon seriously recommended!"
    tommyfic
    hi my brother buoght it but he never used so can i use it for guitar?????
    life_247
    Yes early kyuss stuff was de-tuned guitars through a bass amp. It will however not sound like a guitar amp at all.