Perfect Ten 30W review by Ashdown

Ashdown: Perfect Ten 30W

Purchased from: Gamlins music

This amp is a good all round combo for those looking for an amp with a good sound and lots of power when you need it, I have played a number of guitars & bases through this amp (Squire jazz bass standard - custom p bass - Fender 50's stratocaster - squire Fat strat - Epiphone les paul standard) and all of them have sounded brilliant through this amp. This amp suits my mixed music styles, I like to play a bit of every thing metal - punk - funk- blues etc. And its never let me down and always delivered the tone I needed. It high volume situations the amp does become very treble orientated and it starts the lack bass, this could be combated with the use of an extra cabinet. But the speaker included is form the same line as all of the other Ashdown speakers despite the cone colour. (Ashdown Blue Line 80w 8 ohm)

This amp is brilliant for its price full stop. What more could you want? It may lack features but it sure as hell makes up for that with build quality, construction and tone. If this was lost of stolen I would feel sorry for the twat that had to carry it down the street as it weighs an absolute ton, but if it was stolen and I wasn't around to catch the thief I would go out and buy another one. Because for its purpose I could not think of anything better. My favorite "feature" would have to be its simplicity and that what I like cheap simple equipment that will last a lifetime, I just wish I got the 65w or 100w version (25 extra for 100w at the time - I feel so silly) and I wish it had side grab handles or some castors included, at 35KG its hardly a feather.

I can and have depended on this amp in many many situations its been very where with me and has never let me down. I don't need to worry about this amp breaking down as its is just built like a rock. I have the carpet covered version with the old style Ashdown grill and it really is kick proof. And lets put it this way. If I dropped this down the stairs I would be more worried about breaking the wall or the floor not the amp. Unfortunately this amp is not suitable for the type of gigs my band wants to play. But rest assured this is louder than a Marshall MG50 distorted. (the look on the guitarists face when he could hear me over him - priceless.) but brilliant for small band playing in the bedroom or in small gig situations. Defiantly a keeper. And this amp combined with a distortion pedal is an absolute beast for the electric guitar.

This amp is your bog standard bare bones guitar/bass amplifier. I bought this amp 2 years ago when I bought my second bass, its a single channel amp. I has no effect loop or nothing fancy like that. I has input gain - bass - mid - treble and output volume controls along with a deep switch. It has one input jack, line in, headphones socket and a 8ohm speaker extension port that cuts out the speaker in the amp. I wish it had a master volume a gain control and some castors that's the only improvements I can think of, but honestly that's all you need.

EpiExplorer
    Good to see you havent given it a perfect ten on the rating. Still a pretty average amp though..