Ultrabass BX600 review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BX600

I use a crappy Crate bass, but this amp makes it sound excellent. In my band we play 'When I Come Around' by Green Day, and I just turn up the high knob on the amp and I turn off the 'shape' effect, and it sound just like Mike Dirnt from Green Day. The amp is 60 watts, and the volume knob goes up to 12. My mom makes me turn it down when it's at 5.

I play punk/rock and this amp is very good to me. Whatever you play, if it's country, christian, heavy metal, I think this amp is good for anyone who is just starting or is a pro at bass who wants a loud, good quality amp. What I love about this amp is the loudness and the sound. What I hate about it is the weight.

I bring my amp to every gig I play and I never need a backup amp in case it breaks. My amp never broke down, and I don't think it will for a long time. The only bad thing about the amp is if you live far away from germany, because the amp is made in Germany. If you would need to get a new one, you'd have to wait the whole time for it to ship from Germany. Otherwise, its very strong.

The BX600 contains the following knobs: volume, low, mid low, mid high, high and shape. The shape knob makes thin noises powerful and thick. It also has two effect loop inputs and a line out. I am in a rock/punk band, and I am able to be heard at gigs and at practice in my drummers basement. This amp is also small enough to fit in a car, but the 44 lbs make it very heavy to cary back and forth from practice to show.

Eisenhower
    I agree about all that you have mentioned! It is a very good amplifier (I have one myself), but it's way to heavy...
    Kutanmoogle
    Maybe you have a bigger band. Having one extra guitar can sometimes drown out the bassist.