Ultrabass BX600 review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Behringer: Ultrabass BX600

Purchased from: Musikbörsen

I use it with all of my guitars, but as this is a pure bass amp, I will focus on that instead. Well, the sound is ok, not more or less. I usually just plug my bass directly into the effects loop, so I can control my sound from the bass without having to run back and forth to the amp when practicing. Also, the volume is abit goofy, and I've never had to crank it any louder than 1/4. The sound actually doesn't get audible before pushing the volume 1/8 of the way. After that, the volume increase is excessive, push it abit further and the volume goes straight up. The amp is a tad noisy, nothing special, it's only to be expected from an amp as cheap as this. The amp is quite versatile, a jack of all trades. That being said, the sound is actually quite tinny and it's hard to get a good growl out of it, whatever you do.

I play almost everything. Reggae, punk, rock, metal, jazz, blues. Yeah, you name it. It can do it all, but not very good. I've been playing for nearly three years, and this is one of two bass amps which I own. The other one is a small Kustom 16W. I like the sound from that one better overall, but that is mainly because it packs a neat little Celestion speaker, which is really warm. If it were stolen, I'd use my Kustom for a backup and buy myself something bigger later. I hate the shape control. It really just muds up the sound if you turn it to the right and it goes thinner and more trebly if you push it further to the left. Never really found any use for this in the two almost two years it has served me.

It seems to be pretty reliable, but I'd never gig with it. I'd rather go borrow my teacher's amp or something. It has never broken down, but on the other hand, it has been standing in the same corner since I last moved my stuff around, and before that, it was in my fathers office where I used to practice my playing.

This amp was purchased in 2005 and has two inputs, active/passive, aswell as volume, bass, high mid, low mid, high and shape controls. Nothing special. I never use the shape control. I play it with an ESP LTD B-155 / Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top / Schecter Omen 7 Extreme, aswell as a Dunlop GCB-95 and a Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal. I mainly use this amp at home, and it suits my needs. I bought it mainly for use as a plain practice amp which wasn't too expensive.

GAVN
    i have the bx300 and the bx600 i think the bx300 gives a better sound and its not to heavy
    RockkerRocky
    Ilyenem van nekem is. Nagyon megvagyok vele elgedve. Like this is. I get along with him very much being satisfied.
    danrawkz
    Borrowing one of these atm for recording and I've been pretty impressed with it, you can get a pretty huge range of tones with the EQ/shape control