Ultrabass BX600 review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BX600

Purchased from: guitar center

I play rock, metal death metal, and punk and I can make this amp fit all of those genres. I use a Ibanez bass with active pickups and I go through the active input in the amp and it sounds great. The amp has a wide range of playing capabilities from funk to playing chords clearly too distorted death metal. I have played in shows with two guitar players a drummer and vocals and it plays right through them. I would keep the volume knob at about 7 or 8 just to keep it clear but if you turn it up it works just fine its just bad for the amp.

Overall this is a great cheep amp to play in gigs and to practice with. Again this amp sounds great with any playing style. My only problem with the amp is the weight. Other than that perfect 12in. Speaker bass amp. I am going to be playing in a high school gym and I will be using just that amp and I have full confidence that it will do just fine.

I have heard quite a bit from my dad about this brand of amp and they have all failed on him after a moderate period of time. Then again those where all guitar amps so the bass amps may be different. I have used this amp for gigs and it does great and I have hooked up one other amp while in a gig and that works well to. The amp is way too heavy and is frustrating to take back and forth to practice.

This bass amp has six knobs, volume, bass, low mid, high mid, low, and shape (on the second channel). It's great for both practice and small gigs. For practice it has the headphone jack. For shows it can get plenty loud. The volume knob goes up to 12 although I would recommend keeping it under 8 for best sound and to make the speaker last. It has a passive and active impute for either passive or active pickups. The BX600 has so much power for only having one 12 in. Speaker. It has a line out jack, a preamp in jack, power amp input and a tape input. The one thing I do not like about this amp it that it is extremely heavy for its size.