Ultrabass BX600 review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BX600

I use my active Cort B4 with active EQ turned on. I play pick and this gives some nice attack to it. I tried finger-style but it failed (with me together). So, if you want some like Eleffson or DD Verni sound, you could try. Ok, that's enough about the sound. The thing you should know is the power of it. It says 60w but for 60 this is sooooo f*cking loud! I play with drummer and 2-3 guitarists in about 6x4m room and this kicks ass! Those 2-3 idiots always argue they do not hear themselves, but drummer loves me (I love all of them). BUT! There is one thing you should know! If volume is from 7 to 10 (excluding) o'clock, it plays the same, like virgin (even headphones can do more volume). From 10 to full (5) o'clock the volume is the same, Mega loud. I usually play 12 o'clock. When idiots argue, I turn it to 10 o'clock and say: "You see? Now I am not so loud!", and I am the same loud as on 12 o'clock. In it's megaloud area (10-5) it is distorted, not bad for metal but for jazz I would kick it.

I don't want to answer the same questions again (What style of music do you play? Is this a good match?). If stolen, I would tell owner not to buy it again. What I love about it is the look and volume. Tone is not perfect, but this is really not amp where you should look for your sound. I think it's good for rehearsal, but for the money, you can buy something way better...

I would never use it on the gig without a backup. Even not with. I would use it AS backup. I don't think this will last for long. Behringer is well known for it's weak coils in speakers...

This is not mine amp, it belongs to somebody who shares rehearsal room with us. It looks fine (or better than the other Behringers). I don't have my own amp, so I play this. I've got deadly asthma against Behringer brand, so when I first time saw it, I said: "This shit will definitely explode man!" I checked the wattage (which is 60w RMS) and I was frustrated. But this all was before I plugged my Cort B4 in. Btw, there is active and passive input, volume knob, 4-band EQ (bass, low mids, high mids, treble), shape knob (you can turn it off), CD in, effect loop, headphone out and line out. So nothing special. I play Megadeth and this gives me tone similar to Davids Hartke (that steel punch with high end). However, I don't think it could give me some nice warm tone (which I do not want).

Hippie Andre
    Mine broke when it was at 10 this thing goes to 12 so I don't know what to think now.