Ultrabass BXL1800A review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BXL1800A

Purchased from: Larry's Music

I play with a Peavey Millennium BXP and it works very well, except for the occasional peak when I slap the string to the coil. The 180 watts is surely one of the loudest amps I have played, and I like it that way. I mostly play it for practice but I intend on using it for gigs too in the future. I like to play plenty of styles, mostly rock, punk or jazz and it seems to play them quite well. The Ultrabass feature which is pretty much an octaver works great for getting even lower and deeper sound out of it when you need, but it doesn't really register as well on the higher notes, but it's still fun to wake the whole neighborhood up with. The distortion sounds great and is very adjustable for whatever sound you need it to be. The clean channel is very well clean too.

Overall I think it is an astounding Amp. If you are ever needing a new amp, or just another one, and happen to have about 250 clams to fork over to your town stoner I mean loyal, music store clerk then I suggest you pick this sweet deal up.

It's wrapped in carpet and has rubber corners, a steel grate covering the front, and seems to be constructed quite well. It hasn't gone screwey on me yet and it should stay like that for a very long time. It still is fairly new to me though so I can't exactly rate this as hard as the others, but I'm going off how it is so far.

This amp has just about everything you would want without going overboard on your wallet. Instead of a steel cone this ones an aluminum one, which is supposed to be more responsive but I can't tell the difference. It has 2 channels, which can be change with a supplied footswitch, one clean the other distorted with it's own gain, shape, and level knobs. There is an EQ with an FBQ button which just points out what frequency you're playing at so you can adjust it accordingly which I found very useful. Then there's a headphone jack, a CD input, output lines, places for other pedals and effects, not really anything too fancy, but it's all there. There's also an Ultrabass function, which is lie an octaver and can be turned on with the supplied footswitch. there isn't really I would want to change with it. It's kinda like duct tape-it just works.

muzikman 404
    one of my friends let me play it on stage when the othr amp was broke. very loud for its tiny size. tone sounds kinda funny, but its not that noticeable if u stand further away. very affordable amp but does not last long, as expectd from behringer. i considered getn one, but i ended up gettin an ampeg BA-115. the BXL1800A is a great amp for the low price