Ultrabass BXL1800A review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BXL1800A

I usually play my Epiphone Nikki Sixx Blackbird, through the amplifier which sounds very smooth and deep. If I wanted to do slap on the other hand I would use my Cimar Jazz Bass. The EQ feature comes in handy with the genre you decide to play on the amp. Its 180 Watts which means the amp can be used as a gig amp. The distortion channel sounds OK along with the clean channel. The mixture of Distortion and Ultrabass does sound quite cool, like an 80's synth feel but that's only if you're into that sound.

Overall I think the amp is a great amp for a person not looking to spend to much. The features are good for the price and the sound, not being brilliant, does sound good. If It did get stolen I would buy the amp again because it has given me great service.

I do depend on the BXL1800A because it is a tough unit without any major 'f--k-ups'. I have used it as a gig amp once but it is mainly my backup amplifier, just in case. So far, the amp has been very good to me without any problems yet. Thought I have only had the amp for 1 year now, it has been through a lot and still stands.

If you looking for a cheap bass amp, which can be used as a practice or even gig amp this is the right one for you. The Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A has 2 channels, which can be changes via with the footswitch provided, one of the channels is clean and the other is distortion, level knobs and shape. The amp also features an EQ with an FBQ button. The main feature about this amp though, is the 'Ultrabass' feature. The Ultrabass feature plays the lower octave of what you are playing. it's an alright feature for a cheap amp but nothing over the top. The amplifier also comes with the standard; Headphone Jack, CD input, Jacks for your Pedals and Output lines. The amplifier is also on a wedge angle, which makes it very easy to access the buttons.

mishchuk-basser
    i am planning on buying a new combo amp. tryin to spend like 225-300 dollars. i was checking tis out and i seen an add for a use fender bass man 150. Whats better fender or behringer?? or does it depend on what i like. please reply!!!!!
    Caustic
    This amp is flat out atrocious, regardless of your budget, where you want to use it or what you want to do with it. I wouldn't even trust it to hold my coffee cup safely.
    Starkie
    there are no protective covers on the wires inside the amp. any shrt will set the amp on fire, and probably your house
    VALISICUS
    I HATE THIS THING! I can't believe I wasted my money on it. It was pretty loud for its size but it can't handle the low ends very well and it makes it sound like you have some sort of chorus effect on.
    jtaylor
    Stay away from the 'Ultrabass' series and behringer in general. I'm sick of my BXL3000a, it made my old bass sound shitty, and it barely handles the low end of my new Warwick Corvette $$, often I get a low end buzz when I attempt playing my B string. I could have got an orange combo for the same price. Fucking behringer.
    lavaxtris1
    if you know what your doing then this bass amp is the greatest. for a solid state amp, ive gotten tones of of it that rival a sansamp. the distortion porvides a nice punch at half way with the mids boosted. couldnt ask for more with a $250 amp. thus said, people who have bad comments about this amp should put down the bass and grab some drum sticks.
    lavaxtris1
    another thing, people that have had these amps and it seems to have died or blown out: resolder the wire to the back of the speaker. this is most likely your problem. the #1 problem with behringer is that they suck at soldering wires.
    GidBass
    Got one today, just jammed alot with it... Bought it purely for the power, 'cus it can put out al whole lot of noise (crappy, that is, but at least I can hear myself). This is just a dummy to be put in my band's bassment, got a fullstack for live gigs. This thing quite does the job for it's small price!