Ultrabass BXL900A review by Behringer

Behringer: Ultrabass BXL900A

This Behringer Ultrabass BXL900A sounds amazing with its distortion channel and clean channel. I play punk, metal, and rock and the BXL900A is awesome. The first song I played with it was "Angel of Death" by Slayer and it sounded awesome, since then I've been playing Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold with it and it sounds great. The BXL900A is powerful with 90 watts. It has a great brutal bass distortion sound if you want, and a clean channel if you want. It has enough power to rattle your balls even when the master volume is only barely on. BXL900A features a 12-inch Bugera aluminum cone speaker.

I play heavy metal, punk, and rock and this is a perfect match for me. I've been playing for over a year now and this is the only bass amp I own. If it were stolen I'd hunt down the person who stole it, beat the crap out of them, take it back, make them buy me a new one so I'd have two or I might just save up and buy a new one. I love this amp's power and sound. The built-in equalizer is gangsta. Now that you've read my review, go to Guitar Center, lay down 180 bucks, and take home a 90 watt Behringer BXL900A Ultrabass.

The Behringer Ultrabass BXL900A is covered in carpet, with rubber corners. It features normal stand up positioning or tilt back monitor-style postitioning. It has a steel grate speaker coverer. I would use this amp in a gig because it is powerful. It has never broken down, but I've only had it for a few days. I would and actually plan on using it in a gig.

To start off, this Behringer Ultrabass BXL900A has 2 channels, one is just a clean channel with a gain control. It sounds good and has a nice tone for clean bass parts. The second channel is more changable; it has a gain control (for distortion), a shape control (can change the shape of your sound), and a level control that controls the volume for channel two. The BXL900A has an FBQ control that lets you see what frequencies you are playing. You modify the frequencies you play with a built in equalizer. This controls lets you change your sound a lot. Besides for the master volume, there is one more control. It is called ULtrabass. Ultrabass is basically an octaver; it creates sub-harmonics for the notes you are playing.

IncendiumMortem
    i bought one about 6 months back. its ok for the price, but the distortion sounds horrible after awhile. i ended up just recetnly buying a fender bassman 150 combo and an MXR-80 distortion pedal to go along with it. works awesome.
    BassManX
    a friend of mine has this amp, personally i like my crate bt 100 better
    chipdoesplay
    Most of the posters on here really do not play anything except a cd. I use my BXL900 for my electric drums and it blows away my $5000.00 PA setup. I think it would work on a simple bass guitar. Rememeber,,Channel 2 with distort is for those who can't really play anything except cd's.
    The Vision
    Ive one question. Ive got a Fender Rumble 15 watt as amp now. Am I making progress by buying this amp?? Is it better than mine now??>
    detroit
    I had this amp and hated it. Had to have an input jack replaced, didn't like the sound at all. Would never buy Behringer again. I traded mine in for a Fender Rumble 100.
    Markieg3
    i have the 180 watt and i cant imagine wanting anything thing bigger for the house, my distortion also is only decent but the clean is amazing
    *-Casper-*
    ibanez rulz all wrote: haha i got the 300 watt one its ****n loud for my bedroom
    Is it good though cos i was gunna get 1??
    FFTLxx
    the distortion on this amp is horrible, I have this amp and i'm super happy with it, luckily i have a distortion pedal.
    OttovanZanten
    hexagram244 wrote: Behringer make fantastic products, end of...
    er.. not all, maybe the bass amps, havn't test them yet, but the starterguitars are realy CRAP, some of the FX-pedals are CRAP and the guitar amps arn't super, they're fun to play with, but i don't expect anything nice from behringer to gig with or so. (Equalizer pedal is good tho! and i heard that the tuner is good too) but i will test this some day, for the price i will consider it, the 300 watt version for around 300 euro's
    andyderrick
    I've used this for over a year with a Squire VMJ Fretless bass in big band rehearsals and it has been great on rehearsals and gigs. For the money you pay, you get a lot of amp.